The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

During the Napoleonic wars some British newspapers and cartoonists would draw the French as clawed monkey like creatures as an insult.

Don't know if you've seen them, but some of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons are on a similar level, but directed at Muslims.

Could you post any links to the racist ones?

Boko Haram rape victims depicted as benefit scroungers (Hmm, this "hate the welfare recipient" thing seems to have cross-channel appeal).

This one mocked the thousands murdered in the US-backed Egyptian coup.

Which in turn explains this otherwise unfathomable one now doing the rounds: poor taste, but you see why it was done.

There are others.  you can find them on the internet.

I'd do it to point out the absurdity of religion.

What about just live and let live? You won't convince the world to think the same way you do so is there really a point to being hostile?

For me it comes down to the idea that if you are not hurting anyone (like the majority of Muslims don't) than I'm not going to get in your face and try and pick a fight or deliberately offend you.  

It doesn't, but it's a part of the solution. There are only two ways in which this can be solved, we either welcome Islam into an integrated society that treats the people of the middle east with the same value as the people of the west, deradicalising the region and the religion through a different approach that removes the anger that allows this festering hatred to develop and become terrorism - or we kill every muslim on the planet.

I favour one of those solutions over the other.

Probably not the one Tony Blair favours.

can islam integrate succesfully though? im not very well travelled like some and have not mixed with any other race or religion which is so different to the values and views as my own so excuse me if im coming across a bit close to the knuckle.
So what's the solution? Just because it's different doesn't mean you can't integrate. Genuinely, please tell me what's different to your own views and I'll address it as best I can.
I had real trouble integrating with Muslims over the years. I couldn't insult the one guy's wife and the other couldn't come to the pub until after he'd prayed.

Do people actually believe these false flag theories?

I believe there are things that dont add up, for instance the french media saying the policeman on the floor was shot in the head yet the video shows he clearly wasnt.

Reports of an RPG being used, how would these guys be driving around with AKs and RPGs, it aint Iraq.

Both guys decided to carry their I.Ds with them and both managed to drop them at the scene.

During the Napoleonic wars some British newspapers and cartoonists would draw the French as clawed monkey like creatures as an insult.

Don't know if you've seen them, but some of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons are on a similar level, but directed at Muslims.

Could you post any links to the racist ones?

Boko Haram rape victims depicted as benefit scroungers (Hmm, this "hate the welfare recipient" thing seems to have cross-channel appeal).

This one mocked the thousands murdered in the US-backed Egyptian coup.

Which in turn explains this otherwise unfathomable one now doing the rounds: poor taste, but you see why it was done.

There are others.  you can find them on the internet.

I have read various internet sites, and the French take on it appears to be more that they're mocking the absurdity of people questioning "welfare queens", albeit in a very provocative way (which appears to have been their MO, after all).  Perhaps you're just guilty of taking the front pages at face value and not thinking things through properly.  The magazine certainly appears to have produced a lot of front pages mocking the far right, eg the le Pens.  I have to say to say though, none of the covers really translate very well and most of them have me scratching my head.

If there are things not adding up, what would you imply was happening? Because I don't seem to understand.

I wouldnt imply anything as i dont know, just pointing out a few things which seem weird to me
Fair enough, though sometimes it may be true even if it can seem too weird to be true.

A little off topic but as Boko Haram (Nigerian flavour Islamist nutters) are mentioned above...

In the last 48 hours they entered a town in North East Nigeria (the last area in the region they didn't control) and massacred nigh on the entire population of 2000 men, women and children the vast majority of whom will have been Muslims.

No way of trying to blame 'western actions' in X, Y or Z country for this, it is the unadulterated and savage face of Islamic extremism. Their soul mates carrying out attacks elsewhere in the world will use whatever justification they find convenient, but underneath that veneer flows the same poisonous ideology that cannot and must not be appeased.

They had a Lance Rocket with them, a French made RPG.

How does something like that find its way into the public domain?

Russian's it always the Russian's.

Unless its the US arming rebels who fly them or turn obviously, because that tends to happen. In which case its always the American's.

Oh apart from when its a rogue state arming people to carry out these sort of acts to suit their own agenda in which case its the Saudi's, always the Saudi's.

Oh apart from when its Somali pirates flogging them, or Ukrainian separatists losing their shit.

Unless its Iraq army running away and leaving their weapons behind for ISIS to spirit away to their crack pots around the world.

But probably the Russians, it's always the Russians that or someone with  3D printer.

Russian's it always the Russian's

I declare a fatwa on you for misuse of apostrophes.

• Like 4

Russian's it always the Russian's

I declare a fatwa on you for misuse of apostrophes.

Tha't is it I'm' going to dr'aw a cartoon of you.

... it is the unadulterated and savage face of Islamic extremism.

Is it just as simple as painting it as the face of Islamic extremism (some sort of single one size fits all mask)?

Couldn't it be put up as another example of the vicious result(s) of ethnic/tribal conflict that is/has been occurring all across sub saharan Africa for the last few decades (or centuries or more)?

That isn't to take the 'Islamist' angle away from it (as that would seem to be the essence of the tribal nature of their murdering/abductions and the historical background to this) but to suggest putting it alongside the Paris killings (i.e. as the face of Islamic extremism) rather than, say, some of the atrocities of Kony et al might be a miscategorization.

It might not be, I don't know.

Edited by snowychap

It doesn't, but it's a part of the solution. There are only two ways in which this can be solved, we either welcome Islam into an integrated society that treats the people of the middle east with the same value as the people of the west, deradicalising the region and the religion through a different approach that removes the anger that allows this festering hatred to develop and become terrorism - or we kill every muslim on the planet.

I favour one of those solutions over the other.

Probably not the one Tony Blair favours.

I should have known it was our fault, it always is. How silly of me.

Guns weaponry find their way into the arms criminals mafioso types easy enough if they can get hold of one i'm sure terrorists can also

if there's a market for it and money to be made i doubt very much the people selling the weapons who will be criminals themselves will care what they are going to be used for

Edited by AshVilla

Do people actually believe these false flag theories?

I believe there are things that dont add up, for instance the french media saying the policeman on the floor was shot in the head yet the video shows he clearly wasnt.

Reports of an RPG being used, how would these guys be driving around with AKs and RPGs, it aint Iraq.

Both guys decided to carry their I.Ds with them and both managed to drop them at the scene.

So the media might have got a couple of details wrong? Shocker. How does this in any way point to some sort of false flag attack?

A little off topic but as Boko Haram (Nigerian flavour Islamist nutters) are mentioned above...

In the last 48 hours they entered a town in North East Nigeria (the last area in the region they didn't control) and massacred nigh on the entire population of 2000 men, women and children the vast majority of whom will have been Muslims.

No way of trying to blame 'western actions' in X, Y or Z country for this, it is the unadulterated and savage face of Islamic extremism. Their soul mates carrying out attacks elsewhere in the world will use whatever justification they find convenient, but underneath that veneer flows the same poisonous ideology that cannot and must not be appeased.

Was reading about this..sickening and really sad..also sad that it wont get as much media attention..will people gather in trafalger square to remember the innocent victims? I doubt it.

Â