Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

He's playing even better for us than he did for Swansea.

You actually remember his performances for Swansea enough to make this comparison?

Obviously I didn't see every moment he played for Swansea but from what  saw of him for that club yes. And when I say playing better, I mean he's more of an attacking threat.  When at Swansea he wasn't that amazing and was often rotated with Routledge and Dyer, that's why I was surprised when CIty bought him and now by how welll he's playing for us.

Edited by useless

Scott Sinclair will probably never score a scruffier goal than his first effort in claret and blue.

Nevertheless, the 25-year-old admits his match-winning strike in the FA Cup fifth round victory over Leicester may prove to be a pivotal moment in his career.

Time stood still for Sinclair as he watched his angled drive trickle through the arms of Mark Schwarzer, bringing to an end a personal drought dating back to August 2012.

Hardly vintage stuff, but it provided the on-loan Manchester City winger with a much-needed shot in the arm.

Six days later against Stoke City, he glanced home Fabian Delph's cross for his second goal in as many games.

And then he bagged the decisive second - and his third - this weekend against the Baggies to seal a Wembley date for the claret and blues.

Perhaps, then, that slice of luck against the Foxes could have triggered a change in fortunes for a man who has spent the best part of three seasons in the doldrums.

"Sometimes that is what you need - a little bit of luck," said Sinclair.

"It is the same for the team as well, that's what we needed.

"For me personally it was great that the goal went in but also it helped to lift everyone else.

"I was able to kick on and score another goal and then another and hopefully I can do it again, keep improving my game and move forward."

Three strikes in seven appearances has proved Sinclair has finally found his feet following a tumultuous first fortnight in B6.

Three straight defeats plus the departure of Paul Lambert - the man who brought him to the club - made for a less than ideal start for the England U21 and Great Britain international.

That cycle of events, though, has further fuelled Sinclair's desire to prove himself.

After all, he recently described himself as "the most frustrated footballer in the country" having spent so long in the wilderness at Eastlands.

"As a player you've just got to get on with it," he continued.

"It's great now that I can work with the new manager, try my best to do as well as I can and score and create some goals.

"I haven't been this hungry to play football for a long time - since I was a kid probably - because it's been so long since I've had a run of games.

"I am confident in my ability to score and create goals. It is just about playing games and being settled.

"My last start back at Manchester City was over a year ago.

"For me it is all about playing games and when I do that I've just got to perform."

Having worked under revered coaches such as Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Brendan Rodgers, Sinclair now hopes to flourish under one of the game's brightest up-and-coming bosses in Tim Sherwood.

The new Villa chief's tendency to deploy two out-and-out wingers suggests Sinclair could play an integral role during the final few months of the campaign.

"He's definitely lifted things," said Sinclair.

"He has lifted training as well. The intensity has gone up dramatically and everyone is fighting for places as well.

"Hopefully we can just kick on now.

"I am obviously here to score and create goals so hopefully I'll be able to continue to do that.

"But the main thing is us winning games and if I can contribute then that's great."

avfc.co.uk

In the 2 seconds it took for Sinclair to cut inside and take a couple touches, I thought he'd lost his goal chance. Staring down from the Upper Holte, I was starting to think 'oh FFS' just as the ball left his boot. Seeing the ball curl into the net was fantastic and shows what I know about having to shoot early. Well done Scott, long may you continue to produce for our club. :)

you and me appear to have similar game reading skills

way way back I was screaming at Savo in the League Cup Final to 'pass pass pass the **** ball you clearing in the woods'

except on the word 'you' he launched that screamer of a shot and stunning goal

Jeebus - enough with this kind of stuff. Bet your girlfriends/wives hate that you shoot early!! OH SORRY!! My bad thought you were on about something else!!

In the 2 seconds it took for Sinclair to cut inside and take a couple touches, I thought he'd lost his goal chance. Staring down from the Upper Holte, I was starting to think 'oh FFS' just as the ball left his boot. Seeing the ball curl into the net was fantastic and shows what I know about having to shoot early. Well done Scott, long may you continue to produce for our club. :)

you and me appear to have similar game reading skills

way way back I was screaming at Savo in the League Cup Final to 'pass pass pass the **** ball you clearing in the woods'

except on the word 'you' he launched that screamer of a shot and stunning goal

Jeebus - enough with this kind of stuff. Bet your girlfriends/wives hate that you shoot early!! OH SORRY!! My bad thought you were on about something else!!

4379649-0782880684-louie.gif

You actually remember his performances for Swansea enough to make this comparison?

Obviously I didn't see every moment he played for Swansea but from what saw of him for that club yes. And when I say playing better, I mean he's more of an attacking threat. When at Swansea he wasn't that amazing and was often rotated with Routledge and Dyer, that's why I was surprised when CIty bought him and now by how welll he's playing for us.

More of an attacking threat than when he scored 12 in 14?

Obviously I didn't see every moment he played for Swansea but from what saw of him for that club yes. And when I say playing better, I mean he's more of an attacking threat. When at Swansea he wasn't that amazing and was often rotated with Routledge and Dyer, that's why I was surprised when CIty bought him and now by how welll he's playing for us.

More of an attacking threat than when he scored 12 in 14?

I don't think he's ever scored 12 in the Premier League so I presume that must have been in the Championship. So far I think he's looked more of an attacking threat for us than he did for Swansea. Maybe Sherwood's current style suits him better. Whether he keeps it up is another thing, if he does then I'd imagine we'll struggle to sign him to a contract.

It was a great call by whoever approached Man City about Scott, whether it was Lambert's idea or not I don't know, but we had little to lose and everything to gain. Really pleased he seems to be more confident and on the road back to his former Swansea best.

Quiet yesterday but if he was able to deliver every game then he wouldnt be playing for us. If hed scored that sitter then we would be saying another good game. 

Still worked hard, he offers a goal threat and he is rapid so other teams are wary of him

• Like 1

Â