Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I reckon he's a goalscorer today, and potentially match winner of we can keep it really tight at the back.

I feel the same. Really hope he plays. We need another threat in addition to Benteke, to make him room.

Daily Heil

Scott Sinclair 'definitely' wants to sign permanently for Aston Villa this summer

Scott Sinclair is currently on loan at Aston Villa from Manchester City
The 26-year-old winger has impressed for the club since his January move
Villa could make the switch permanent in the summer for a £2.5million fee
Meanwhile, Joe Cole has backed Villa to beat Arsenal and win the FA Cup 

Scott Sinclair has confirmed he wants to sign permanently for Aston Villa at the end of the season.

The winger is on loan from Manchester City but can be bought for £2.5million in the summer.

The 26-year-old, who has scored three goals in 10 games for Villa, said: 'I feel at home at Villa, it's a great club, I'm sure at the end of the season we can sit down and I can sign. Definitely.'

Meanwhile, Joe Cole believes Villa can beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final on May 30 if they repeat their performance from the semi-final against Liverpool.

'It's a tough game. They've been brilliant, a top side,' he said. 

'Arsene Wenger's really turned it round for them. They'll want to put another bit of silverware on the table, but if we play like we did against Liverpool and Tottenham, we'll be alright.' 

Villa are enjoying a new lease of life under manager Tim Sherwood and are currently on course to avoid relegation. 

Sherwood, who took over at the club in February after Paul Lambert was sacked, has steered Villa to 15th in the league table and their first cup final for five years. 

• Like 1

Nice sounds from a few of the players, quoted as saying he just hopes to sign a contract at the end of the season.

We need to keep up our momentum, then hopefully we can retain most of our players through the feel good factor.

• 2 weeks later...

If he dosen't sign Sherwood must have a few attacking signings up this sleeve as Gil and Weimann could well leave, question mark over Benteke once we start getting some serious bids and Kozak has been out of 18 months now which is a long old time to be away from top level football so it will take him a while to get back into things.

All change possibly next season upfront, I think in those circumstances Sinclair is a reasonably cheap and low risk gamble.

• Like 1

Â