Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I think getting either Sinclair/Joel Campbell/Salah would be a good thing even if they haven't played much. They have at some point been good enough for the big sides to sign them but have come against massive competition for places. Pretty hard to get in ahead of Silva, Nasri, Navas etc. Sinclair would be far more effective out wide than Weimann or Gabby IMO. 

Yeah I would like to see Campbell in our shirt. He looked pretty solid yesterday against Hull.

'Sky Sources' have picked up on this now, say that us QPR and Palace have enquired about him along with Inter Milan! I'd take him at the right price, as he has a lot to prove and was very good in his Swansea days.

Wasn't it Mancini that brought him to Citeh?

few a couple of million you can't really go that wrong on a bet like this.

Turns out well and you makes many times more back on his fee if it goes average you paid the right price and badly someone else will give him a go due to age and apparent talent.

few a couple of million you can't really go that wrong on a bet like this.

Turns out well and you makes many times more back on his fee if it goes average you paid the right price and badly someone else will give him a go due to age and apparent talent.

Slightly optimistic , me thinks .

There's not much risk if we only pay a few million, it could be a kick-start for his career, which would only be good for us. If we can get the Sinclair that was at Swansea then we'd have a bargain, if he's the layabout from Man City then not so much, but it wouldn't be a big loss. I have a feeling he's a bit of a coaster and that he'd be happy to do a Stephen Ireland and just take the money, but I'd still say go for it as it's worth the risk.

Don't think he will be arsed with us. Said earlier in the thread the celeb status has got to him a bit, won't do it any good coming here. But I willing to be proved wrong!

Big advantage is maybe his misses will come and watch him and at least we can have a perv!!

Could have a similar impact to what Young did for us.

Young was 19 and on the up. Frankly this guy is 25 and after a pretty poor loan at the bog rolls seems to have faded somewhat. Would prefer a better prospect. 

He reminds me a bit of Routledge. Loads of loan deals and promise here and there. When given an actual run at a club though (both at Swansea) they've become very good players. Routledge never got a sniff at Villa Park but he would walk into the side now. It's like we are afraid to give players a chance in case they are not ready or rusty - annoys me immensely. Same with Grealish and Robinson not getting into a poor side. 

• Like 1

I think Lambert will know if his heart is in it. If he senses any sort of doubt then I think he won't touch him with a bargepole.

Like he did with Cleverley??

Question everything about Cleverley but his heart and effort are clear. He's just not very good at the actual football stuff.

I'm guessing that comment was more about Cleverley's desire to be here, 'if his heart is in it'.. (as he stopped the deal to see if Everton wanted him, or something like that).

I'm guessing that comment was more about Cleverley's desire to be here, 'if his heart is in it'.. (as he stopped the deal to see if Everton wanted him, or something like that).

A lot of the media attributed that to his agent taking a punt on his behalf. Obviously we don't know the true story of course. Back on topic Sinclair might be a decent shout for the right price, my guess it will be a loan if it happens.

Depends what wage he would be on, of course. £3m seems OK s a transfer fee, depending on how much Lambert has to spend in total but our history with players coming from the newly-rich Man City isn't great in terms of eating up the wage bill.

Â