Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Wonder of Chris Ramsey will be headed this way next season...

Talk of him bizarrely getting a new contract.

Don't think I want him here based on what he's been doing at QPR.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

yeah but some asshole left that club in a mess even worse than lambert when he took over, I think he has done OK in circumstances

FWIW he is meant to be a great coach (though maybe not as good as Carver but good enough)

• Like 2

yeh not wanting a coach because he isnt a great manager (although we dont really know if he is or not) is a bit silly iyam. Isnt Meulensteen supposed to be one of the best coaches in the game? didnt do a great job managing fulham either

Bit harsh, their team is a mess, their whole club has been a mess for years and the genius that is Redknapp couldn't even get an away point this season while Ramsey has achieved 7.

Just looking at the Burnley game and I was taken aback by it nearly being a sell out already in what could be a dead game by next week's results.

Taken me aback as I actually don't have a seat next to my Dad but we're usually alright as we sit in the Upper Trinity which hardly sells out.

Bit harsh, their team is a mess, their whole club has been a mess for years and the genius that is Redknapp couldn't even get an away point this season while Ramsey has achieved 7.

Just looking at the Burnley game and I was taken aback by it nearly being a sell out already in what could be a dead game by next week's results.

Taken me aback as I actually don't have a seat next to my Dad but we're usually alright as we sit in the Upper Trinity which hardly sells out.

I got my ticket. Even if it is a dead game, might be nice to give the boys a cheer before the final.

I suspect a lot of people bought tickets tto the Burnley game to bolster their game history in the hope of a Cup final ticket. That and the fact it's last day of the season mean it was always gonna get close to a sell out.

Really chuffed QPR are down. Still can't believe they beat Derby last year.

I still can't believe they beat us in October! 

Mate, 8 Liberal Democrat MPs would have beat us in October!

• Like 3

I think its done and dusted. Hull have never won a premier league game in May and judging from their remaining fixtures I don't them changing that stat.

Hmmn not so sure Stewie personally, how many times have people made this mistake this season? Spurs are pretty woeful at present so i can easily see them getting 3 points down there and then it's a one of cup final for them at home against an inconsistent Man Utd team who could be on the beach by then!

We need another win... Leicester have 2 easy games with Sunderland and QPR

Sunderland have more luck than all the Leprechauns in Ireland at the moment and only need one more lucky win from 3 to overhaul us

Newcastle have easy fixtures and again need just one win

Not safe at all just yet..close but it wouldn't take a lot for us to be in panic mode if we don't win at Southampton as Hull have a much better GD ... We lose & they draw and it goes to last day lottery! 

If we win our next two games then we might have a chance of finishing above Palace in twelve place.

Looking at wba and palace's fixtures it's very possible. Although I don't know if we'll beat Southampton.

4 points will get us 13th though I think

God it'd feel so good if we beat Southampton next week to ensure our safety. Then we can look forward to a shake up in the summer, regardless of whether we get taken over or not. For the first time in four years I actually think that we're on the right track and could avoid the relegation scrap next season.

Not saying it'll happen at all DDID, just saying we ain't safe yet! The most unlikely scenario there is Hull getting a win & a draw which would put them ahead of us, i don't see it as overly unlikely for them to beat a misfiring Spurs team and scrape a draw against Man U... may well not happen but with the way the results have been going it is not unfeasible and would mean we needed at least one more point.

As for Leicester getting a win? Yes i think it's likely they will

As for Sunderland getting a win? With their luck they'll likely score via a four way deflection and win 1-0 with Leicester missing 3 penalties. Or beat an Arsenal team resting players for the cup final!

That leaves Newcastle who could again easily nick a win from their fixtures.

I would actually be surprised if those 3 don't get at least another 3 points each

We would also of course have to lose our last two fixtures of course which may be the most unlikely of the lot on current form.

Unlikely yes i agree for all those things to happen... but then there is nothing really that crazy when you look at each teams fixtures individually.

Would i put a fiver on it? ... NO!  But i wouldn't be celebrating just yet either.

Am i knicker wetting? Not at all!  Just looking at the various permutations and saying it's not done just yet so i don't want to tempt fate by saying we're safe just yet.