Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

100-1 now in the betting to go down.

60007aeabcfbacb7106b1d2c37f525fe.jpg

This makes me much more comfortable.

Why do so many people rely on bookies' odds to make them feel comfortable about something?

Because they are very rarely wrong! They also show no bias.

Bookies odds are almost entirely based on bias :lol:

The bias of the people staking money on things

I don't think we will beat Southampton. Think we can get a draw though. If that happens and Hull lose or draw with Spurs we are safe :)

Edited by Tayls

Im just gutted Newcastle have got away with this!

They haven't yet.

I'm hoping QPR win tomorrow, then they've got Newcastle next week haven't they?

If they still have something to play for I'd back them to beat Newcastle.

Anything can happen on the first all day then.

Why do so many people rely on bookies' odds to make them feel comfortable about something?

Bookies odds are almost entirely based on bias :lol:

The bias of the people staking money on things

Well not really! If someone puts £1m on QPR staying up they're odds aren't going to change to 66/1 are they?

Take your point on some odds are related to money staked but relegation odds are a bit different....

The key is Hull losing. I had a feeling today they'd bottle it against Burnley although I thought it would be a draw.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we pick up one more point this season then Hull have to beat Spurs away and Man. United at home to finish above us?

That's why it's 100-1 as Hull will be big odds to win either game and it will be long odds for Burnley to beat us.

110 shots come in every day my friend.

I think some people have been watching too much Sky and think Spurs and Man Utd are good football teams (and also probably think "Tubes in a legend").

Hull can get to a minimum of 38 for sure we can easily lose against Southampton and then fall apart against Burnley who coincidentally won away today.

Southampton need to be taught a lesson next week, they seem to be on a one team mission to relegate us for some reason meekly losing to Sunderland and Leicester within one week. The club we should be following apparently.

0-5 hopefully with 28% possession again. :)

• Like 1

We'll get a point down there.

They're a completely different team without Schnderlein in there, their results always dip when he's injured.

They also don't keep clean sheets anymore with Kelvin Davis in goal.

Hull are utter shite. They have crap players and finished on 36 points last season. Yet for some reason everyone in the media said they would be easily fine this season.

Steve Bruce is a decent manager but he always seems to produce poorer teams the more money he actually spends. Didn't he spend about 20m in the summer and a bit more in January?

We'll get a point down there.

They're a completely different team without Schnderlein in there, their results always dip when he's injured.

They also don't keep clean sheets anymore with Kelvin Davis in goal.

Was thinking the same thing earlier, if they hadn't sold off so many players and added their summer buys they could of knicked 4th.

Hull are utter shite. They have crap players and finished on 36 points last season. Yet for some reason everyone in the media said they would be easily fine this season.

and that Bruce has done a great job there when he really hasn't

I really though they'd get 4th this season around February, they really did seem unstoppable at that point but the results inevitably dipped just like our O'Neill seasons.

They'll be much more in the pack of mid table next season I'd imagine. Interesting second season for Koeman coming up.

Credit to Burnley they're down and have done us a big favour today. We'll get at least a point next week as will Newcastle who are playing an already relegated QPR. Burnely on the last day is pretty much an automatic 3 points due to the way we're playing and them having nothing left to play for.

That is exactly why it scares me

Odds are set by betting trends. If enough people bet on us to win the league next year then we would be favourites. Has sod all to do with the bookies being right or wrong.

Also, anyone who thinks we are in danger of going down after today's results needs to have another look at the table, our form and the remaining fixtures. We are safe. Absolutely certain of it.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1