Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

£30m worth of shit.

True, but spending the second lowest amount in the league despite being in a relegation battle the previous season is unacceptable

I agree.

But as said above, spending money for the sake of it is equally as farcical.

I find it interesting that 6 of the 13 players who took part on Saturday were already at the club when Lambert arrived also. I don't doubt he spent his money very well at times, but I do doubt he had to spread it quite so thin.

Done to death I know. I too hope that the age of austerity is over.

You know the club is a mess when Hull City are spending over 30million more than us in a season.

A mess?

So QPR and Hull are not in a mess because they spend a shit load more?

Nonsense.

We have been a **** shambles for years. We did not spend nearly enough to rectify that IMO.

Or maybe we did and other factors let us down? Delph and Benteke in particular are two of the best I've seen in 23 years following the Villa.

A lot of people spend money for the sake of spending it which is to appease fans but is a dangerous game. We have actually a good squad that was assembled quite cheaply. Sanchez for 3 million or Livermore for 7 (I imagine Livermore probably on about twice as much as well) even Joe Cole on a free has probably offered more for Villa than Ben Arfa and Ramirez have for Hull

Its a weird sort of achievement not being relegated after so many years of austerity.

be even more impressive if we won an FA Cup in austerity 

For the first time in four years I actually think that we're on the right track and could avoid the relegation scrap next season.

This has been said every summer for the last 5 years  :crylaugh:

Hull will beat Spurs. I think we need to get a result against Southampton or we go into the last weekend needing a result :-/

I can see us drawing or losing on saturday morning, and being safe come 5pm saturday afternoon