Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

No I think he'd lost them by the Hull game.

They were playing for him before that but motivation in general was so low that losing the dressing room was inevitable. I don't think they had any confidence in him or themselves at that point.

He lost him the moment he dropped Benteke imo.

Burnley: 100%

QPR: 100%

Hull: 71.1% vvvvvv

Sunderland: 14.0% ^^^^

Newcastle: 12.7%

Leicester: 1.7% ^^

Villa: 0.6% ^

Burnley: 99.8%

QPR: 99.1% v

Sunderland: 50.7% ^

Leicester: 17.2% ^

Hull: 14.0% v

Newcastle: 9.9% v

Villa: 9.3% ^

I'm pretty sure that Hull posted the biggest increase week-on-week I've ever seen.

Edited by leviramsey

I can't see Hull losing on Saturday for a couple of reasons, 

1. Spurs it appears are trying to avoid the crazy, season wrecking Europa League experience.

2. Hull are basically full of Spurs players from the last few years so must be very pally with many of the current Spurs players.

So i fully expect a Hull win at the weekend.

We need to beat Southampton.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Saturday cannot come soon enough. I've got a free pass from the family to watch football from our kick off through to final score - accompanied by beer, lots of beer. So in an ideal world, we draw at Saints, with some entertaining football, which injects some jeopardy into the day, which gives me a pass to watch the Hull game which they lose 16-0 and then it's time to get completely mullered and into a state that prevents me from being trusted to bathe infants. Then roll on an FA cup win, megabucks new owners and the brightest future villa have had since I cannot remember when. If Carlsberg did Saturdays.

• Like 1

First and foremost I want Villa safe obviously. I think it's likely a matter of time now, we and everyone else could lose on Saturday and we'd still be safe.

Then it becomes interesting rather than scary! If we were safe by the time three o'clock kick offs start, I'll be supporting Hull 100%! In fact I'm happy as long as we match Hull's result. Ideally I'd like to see the back of Newcastle, then Sunderland, then Leicester and finally Hull. Unfortunately the odds are completely opposite to that!

D-Day for relegation this Saturday then. The Sunday and Monday games this weekend have nothing to do with the battle at the bottom so that will be the only feature for all the Saturday coverage.

The early kick off for us is an awkward one. It could I suppose work in our favour. The pressure created the last two weeks by Leicester and Sunderland winning the early games hasn't been easy, but we've done superbly and got through it on both occasions. If we win that will obviously be the finish line for us and we can just enjoy how the situation around us unfolds. The flip side is that if we get beat it will be a madly nervy afternoon looking at other results. Hull and Newcastle will have their tails well and truly up if we were to lose.

Normally I'd say that QPR have a great chance to beat Newcastle at their place with the pressure off now, but they were so horrendously poor against City that they will struggle to come back from that performance. Spurs just look like they want the season to end. Kane's bubble that he's kept going so well over the season seems to have burst a bit and in my opinion they have been shocking at the back. I could see Hull getting something there to make a last day fight of it. 

The Leicester Sunderland fixture guarantees at least one other team between us and the bottom 3 if the worst happens come 5pm Saturday, but as it stands right now you fancy both of them to survive.

We have to have the mentality that if we win it's game over. We could even rest a few for the Burnley game and start thinking about the final a week earlier.

Also if we win then the takeover situation may see some real movement over the following weeks. Huge weekend for the club.  

I think Hull will nick a point at Spurs, With that result though we'd only need a point from the remaining two games to guarantee survivial so to me we've done 99% of the hard work and I'm not concerned at all now.

D-Day for relegation this Saturday then. The Sunday and Monday games this weekend have nothing to do with the battle at the bottom so that will be the only feature for all the Saturday coverage.

Its Stevie Me last game, that will get all the coverage. All relegation teams could draw 6-6 and Liverpool vs Palace be centre of attention