Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We'll be fine but I still think there will be some twists and turns with Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle. Spurs season has already ended, nothing to play for, Hull like they did at Palace could easily win there. The Man U last game of the season, 4th place secure, none of their players are going to want to be on the treatment table instead of their summer holidays. 

We'll be fine but I still think there will be some twists and turns with Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle. Spurs season has already ended, nothing to play for, Hull like they did at Palace could easily win there. The Man U last game of the season, 4th place secure, none of their players are going to want to be on the treatment table instead of their summer holidays.

Spurs are much better than Palace. Also Palace have been shit at home all season. It would be nice if Spurs just turned up and beat Hull to end it. Although I think we'll beat Southampton anyway Edited by Arj Guy

Spurs could lose out on Europa League if Southampton get a point more from their last 2 games than Spurs do & we win the FA Cup. You'd imagine no European football might hurt their chances of getting players in. 

To be fair, surely Spurs will be looking for a reaction for their final home game of the season - especially after getting dicked 3-0 by Stoke no?

Hull should be very afraid...

Sunderland should be very, very afraid, especially if they fail to win their game in hand against Leicester. Chelski and Goons after that...

I don't think anyone disagrees that we should spend more than we are currently.

We're limited in what we can spend by the FFP rules. We make more, we can spend more. We let high earners go, we free up budget. We sell players, we can add that to the pot. We bring in more sponsors, we can spend that too.

The issue of late has been the hamstringing from previous seasons that counted towards FFP. Losing 50m+ in a single season puts a club in a potentially troublesome place with the new regulations. You get losses down to nil and you've got 105m over 3 years to play with, and if you increase revenues you've got even more. We did the former, and the latter comes to us thanks to the new TV deal money at the end of the 2016/17 season (note: we don't see a penny of that new deal money before then, like everyone else, and the rules are such that we can't spend it until we've got it)

I agree with all that.

My point was the cuts have been made and we should be in a position now to invest more than we've done over recent seasons.

And qpr have to now pay 58million due to breaking ffp when in championship before! so id rather we spend a bit more than we have in the past but not end up getting fined like qpr but suppose if we did it shows our ambition as we'd be spending and showing ambition! Like hell we would!

Hull are clearly in the worst position-None of the teams above them would trade places with them.

Our issue is far more complex, given the FA cup distraction.

We need it done and dusted this weekend-We would then be in a position to rest players if needs be, rather than push them to he limit, 7 days before a cup final.

Spurs have plenty to play for, least of all pride, after Stoke. A point for us at Southampton would see Hull requiring 6 points from their last 2 games.

I appreciate there is big money involved in final placings but a meaningless match against Burnley could still see us gaining 3 points, even with a weaker starting line up.

Somebody elses projections shared on Reddit.

4m491AX.jpg

I don't know the details of their simulations, so it's dififcult to critique their approach, but it's really nicely laid out and a good illustration (imo) of the likely outcomes.

Edit: link to comments and further details http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/35liy9/statistical_premier_league_finish_projections/

Edited by jamesbuchanan
  • Like 1

Ah of course. Regardless of our result then you'd be looking for a QPR win there no?

Also I don't think it'll matter if we win or not. Can see hull going down by a few to spurs

• Like 1

Last nights result probably did us a favour with Arsenal dropping 3pts.

They'll need to hump Sunderland to stand any chance of beating Citeh to second spot and will want to keep above ManUre to prevent a further Champs League qualification match!

Edited by theboyangel