Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We're staying up for sure. However, I hope we continue like this against Saints and Burnley, just to have the momentum going for the final. If our confidence stays high, we can win it. That would be a great way to end this season.

The great way to the end of the season will be Delph lifting the FA Cup to the claret and blue multitude.

• Like 4

We're staying up for sure. However, I hope we continue like this against Saints and Burnley, just to have the momentum going for the final. If our confidence stays high, we can win it. That would be a great way to end this season.

The great way to the end of the season will be Delph lifting the FA Cup to the claret and blue multitude.

Delph joined by Stan to lift the cup would be epic. If Carlsberg did Villa cup finals.... :)

Hull will beat Spurs though.

Spurs have no interest in being in the Uefa cup, hence they've been gash for a weeks now.

the way its going either do Southampton ;)

And, perhaps ironically, if Arsenal beat us at Wembly, both of them will likely end up in it

I bet Scumderland can't believe their luck! Against Stoke, the normally reliable Begovic drops the ball at Connor Wigwams feet... Against Southampton they get given two penalties, one of the very dubious and against Everton, they get absolutely bashed and two off-target shots bounce off players and go in... Talk about the football gods smiling on you!!! If I was a scunterland fan, I would check my premium bonds...

Edited by ben1505
  • Like 4

I don't agree winners of the cups should go in to the Champion league, Wigan in the group stages in a group like City had? It'd be Comedy Central not Champion League. The noses at the Camp Nou? noooooooooo thanks.

Playing on a Thursday is a bit of a pain in the arse but some of my fave memories of Villa Park are from Uefa Cup matches (Inter x2 anyone?) it's massively undervalued. Hopefully it'll have the kind of revival the FA cup has had. We clearly don't have a squad capable of competing on 4 fronts, so if we do get in to Europe you'd hope the club would address that in the summer!

• Like 1

If it was down to Sap the clearing in the woods blatter then we would only have groups of Man Utds, 

The above said teams are no better/worse than Slovan Bratislava, Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC, FC BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, Steaua Bucureşti etc that entered the competition this season, so should we start excluding similar teams just because it cramps the competions style? 

I was also at both Inter games and wouldn't swap the memories for anything, I even got stuck on Inters Coach whist hunting Autographs after the game and ended up swapping club badges with Lothar Matthaus for his tie badge. it was a proper knock out competition back then played on Tue/Wed evenings with no stupid 'o clock Sunday kick offs to follow.  

Even of late the trips to Odense, Vienna, Prague, Hamburg were fantastic because it was all new to us again, However the Thursday night - Sunday Afternoon combo soon felt like a chore rather than the experience i had been craving post Inter nights!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

The best thing about yesterdays result was not having to dwell on that lucky Sunderland win. It's insignificant now. What a joke that game was

Agreed, it genuinely put me in a bad mood right up until around 5pm when I then did not give a flying **** :)

I'm still hoping Sunderland get relegated. If we beat Southampton in the early kick-off then I hope Hull and Leicester get wins in the afternoon. I think it'd be really boring if Hull went down.

• Like 1

I'm still hoping Sunderland get relegated. If we beat Southampton in the early kick-off then I hope Hull and Leicester get wins in the afternoon. I think it'd be really boring if Hull went down.

After watching them fluke 2 wins in a row i really hope they go down too
  • Like 1

I don't agree winners of the cups should go in to the Champion league, Wigan in the group stages in a group like City had? It'd be Comedy Central not Champion League. The noses at the Camp Nou? noooooooooo thanks.

Sure they couldnt do as bad a job as City did ;)