Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Hull will beat Spurs. I think we need to get a result against Southampton or we go into the last weekend needing a result :-/

Hull just lost against Burnley at home. They're utter shit. I'll be shocked if Spurs don't beat them, bad form or not

You know the club is a mess when Hull City are spending over 30million more than us in a season.

A mess?So QPR and Hull are not in a mess because they spend a shit load more?Nonsense.

Considering us and Hull finished 2 points off each other last season, Hull spending 30 million more than us this season suggests that they have more ambition than us. Let that sink in. Hull City have more ambition than Aston Villa

We just need 1 point from our final two games which would mean Hull would need the full 6 from Spurs and Man. United to finish above us.

Don't forget aswell that Sunderland-Leicester playing each other this weekend so one will be below going into the final weekend, if Sunderland don't win they'll need to beat one of Chelsea/Arsenal to finish above us.

And of course Newcastle need to find a win from somewhere to finish above us.

Relax.

You know the club is a mess when Hull City are spending over 30million more than us in a season.

A mess?So QPR and Hull are not in a mess because they spend a shit load more?Nonsense.

Considering us and Hull finished 2 points off each other last season, Hull spending 30 million more than us this season suggests that they have more ambition than us. Let that sink in. Hull City have more ambition than Aston Villa

Spending money does not automatically equal ambition and success, would you rather we were QPR, they showed 'ambition' by spending a shit load, how far did that get them?

Fans show no common sense when it comes to owning a football club, if Lerner spent a shit load in the summer he would suddenly become a good owner, the sooner fans realise that the days of just spunking cash are over.

• Like 1

I guess I'm just really really grateful that for once, the league positions weren't based on how much money you can throw at shit.

• Like 1

Did diddley squat then didn't it - getting the right players that fit into the team (no matter if they are on a free - see Cleverly) or for £1 or £10m is better than spending £30M on dross (like we have done in the past).

So glad fans don't run the football club - we'd be bankrupt before we know it.

• Like 1

I find it pretty daft that the idea of spending more than the small amounts we have been, mean you want to spunk millions away and bankrupt the club. Is there no middle ground?

Hull city did show ambition by investing in the playing squad but for a number of reasons it hasn't worked out. They might not have spent the money wisely or they have a manager who can't get the best out of them.

No one wants us to give the Habib Beyes of the world £60,000 a week again but we should be showing more ambition in terms of trying to bring quality players into the club. We've got the opportunity to do that this summer with cleverly and sinclair and hopefully a few others. with finances sorted and TV money still increasing I dont see why we can't invest more than we have recently.

Edited by DCJonah

I don't think anyone has said anything that disagrees with your post.

All that's been said is spending £30m for the sake of it doesn't mean you're ambitious.

And if spent poorly it can be dangerous, as in Hull spending it but still probably going down.

I don't think anyone disagrees that we should spend more than we are currently.

Edited by Stevo985

We're limited in what we can spend by the FFP rules. We make more, we can spend more. We let high earners go, we free up budget. We sell players, we can add that to the pot. We bring in more sponsors, we can spend that too. 

The issue of late has been the hamstringing from previous seasons that counted towards FFP. Losing 50m+ in a single season puts a club in a potentially troublesome place with the new regulations. You get losses down to nil and you've got 105m over 3 years to play with, and if you increase revenues you've got even more. We did the former, and the latter comes to us thanks to the new TV deal money at the end of the 2016/17 season (note: we don't see a penny of that new deal money before then, like everyone else, and the rules are such that we can't spend it until we've got it)

• Like 1

We're limited in what we can spend by the FFP rules. We make more, we can spend more. We let high earners go, we free up budget. We sell players, we can add that to the pot. We bring in more sponsors, we can spend that too. 

The issue of late has been the hamstringing from previous seasons that counted towards FFP. Losing 50m+ in a single season puts a club in a potentially troublesome place with the new regulations. You get losses down to nil and you've got 105m over 3 years to play with, and if you increase revenues you've got even more. We did the former, and the latter comes to us thanks to the new TV deal money at the end of the 2016/17 season (note: we don't see a penny of that new deal money before then, like everyone else, and the rules are such that we can't spend it until we've got it)

I agree with all that.

My point was the cuts have been made and we should be in a position now to invest more than we've done over recent seasons.

Edited by Stevo985

I agree with all that.

My point was the cuts have been made and we should be in a position now to invest more than we've done over recent seasons.

The cuts have only been made to bring us to circa nil on losses currently. We've still got the previous seasons with big losses to worry about, as FFP is over 3 years. As the loss making years drop off, the amount we can spend will increase without any increase in income, while an increase in income will handsomely supplement that. There still needs to be at least 2 years of nil losses, though, and we've only had one