Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I always thought Bols Advocaat was eggnog.  Turns out it is similar to eggnog.  Pleasant enough, not that I'd order it, but if I'm handed one at Christmas I'd probably partake :)

• Like 1

"In reflection of recent feedback, the copy we used in our recent catalog was inappropriate and in poor taste. Bloomingdales' sincerely apologizes for this error in judgment," a Bloomingdale's representative told Tech Insider

It does seem like they really meant ha, ha, ha how funny. Rape. lolz. Not much of an apology is it? And certainly no explination from them. Have to say I'm normally one for people having a nice thick skin to words but this goes far below poor taste imo. 

Surely the marketing wonks who created that would be well aware of the controversy and publicity it would cause.

"In reflection of recent feedback, the copy we used in our recent catalog was inappropriate and in poor taste. Bloomingdales' sincerely apologizes for this error in judgment," a Bloomingdale's representative told Tech Insider

It does seem like they really meant ha, ha, ha how funny. Rape. lolz. Not much of an apology is it? And certainly no explination from them. Have to say I'm normally one for people having a nice thick skin to words but this goes far below poor taste imo. 

Surely the marketing wonks who created that would be well aware of the controversy and publicity it would cause.

Yeah , just like  I'm sure Murdoch was rubbing his hands at all the free publicity the News of the World got over hacking Milly Dowler's phone  ....

I get what you are saying but they are a department store not Frankie Boyle ,I'm not sure they really want this publicity

You'd have thought so, hence why I had to conclude that their intention really was to poke fun at a rather harrowing topic.

Karl has jumped the shark a bit. His TV shows aren't that great. Too scripted and set up.

But back in the day of the ricky gervais podcasts and their XFM radio shows he's one of the funniest people I've ever heard.

• Like 4

Out of the blue my kid bought me a bluray of his first series, I struggled to hide the disgust, and because I am a clearing in the woods I said I find him the least entertaining and least funny on television and its the most inappropriate present since my sister bought me the go west album when I was a devout ramones fan. 

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Never watched him. Don't like the premise and don't buy the I'm an idiot stuff. Go away Karl.

He plays up to it a bit too much these days, but he is pretty much genuine.

Agree with Stevo, the XFM shows (think they are all on youtube) were comedy gold. Haven't listened to them in a while, might give them another go.

Yup, it was just a simple guy from Manchester who found himself producing a radio show (quite small time too). 

Now it's multimillionaire Karl Pilkington acts simple whilst in interesting places.

It's like rap, you can't rap about being in the ghetto when you live in a 10,000sqft mansion surrounded by fine ass pussy 24/7, it's not believable.

Maybe we could shoot Karl a few times? :)

Still love him/gervais/merchant though!

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Agree with Stevo, the XFM shows (think they are all on youtube) were comedy gold. Haven't listened to them in a while, might give them another go.

I still listen to them, almost every day (seriously)

Â