Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Bowie was in the top ten selling British artists of all time and had an estimated '140 million' worldwide record sales throughout his career. Whenever he released an album it was pretty big news right up until his latest. How much of that was down to the fact of his brand name rather than the music, I'm not sure though, but you can probably ask that question about most musical acts, to some extent. If you were a fan of his music, I'd say you were in the majority, and of course that's no bad thing in of itself.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

My Grandad asked me who he was the other day, so I had the weird situation of a me, 29 years old, not particularly liking any of his music, and not being music-conscious for pretty much the majority of his career, trying to explain the appeal of the guy to an 89 year-old who likes choir music and bell-ringing. What to say? I took a guess and said people liked his fashion sense. 

my grandad is devastated as he was a huge bowie fan.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

my grandad is devastated as he was a huge blowie fan.

So am I.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAHAHAHA

bLowie

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

I was just wondering what my granddad would have thought of David Bowie's music. Then it struck me that when he was in his twenties, there was NO RECORDED MUSIC. Not a Mooney Joke, actually true.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was just wondering what my granddad would have thought of David Bowie's music. Then it struck me that when he was in his twenties, there was NO RECORDED MUSIC. Not a Mooney Joke, actually true.

Not even Vera Lynn songs?!

Not even Vera Lynn songs?!

Vera Lynn was around right at the end of his life. Not sure of his exact date of birth, but it was in the 19th Century.

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

my grandad is 80 this year so would of been 34 when bowie arrived on the scene. im surprised he liked some of the music he did.

On 12/01/2016 at 15:00, Xann said:

Jerry Hall. Rupert Murdoch.

Yeah.

Jerry Hall. Professional kept woman. I'm sure there is a word for that...

She must be thinking, if I can ride this out for another ten years I will be rich beyond my wildest dreams of avarice. As said above a professional kept woman. Talking of which I see Lineker has divorced. 

On 11 January 2016 at 00:25, Michelsen said:

Totally, this. I love my profession and I haven't dreaded a single monday since I started teaching, but I'm not ashamed to admit I thoroughly enjoy having 11 weeks off per year

Pfffft. Is that all?

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

She must be thinking, if I can ride this out for another ten years I will be rich beyond my wildest dreams of avarice. As said above a professional kept woman. Talking of which I see Lineker has divorced. 

They split because she wanted kids and he didn't. You'd think you'd discuss that before getting married? Still, she's apparently negotiated an agreeable settlement figure, so she's got what she wanted 

Â