Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

"Who the ****'s Clive Warren?!"

:crylaugh:

As with most of Karl's ideas/thoughts, you can sort of see what he meant or was getting at, he's just absolutely hilariously awful at explaining himself

• Like 1

Also, there's a monkey news where the story is about a monkey in a labwho learnt the code for the door and got out in disguise wearing makeup so he looked like the lab assistant.

Ricky's reaction to that is amazing :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, there's a monkey news where the story is about a monkey in a labwho learnt the code for the door and got out in disguise wearing makeup so he looked like the lab assistant.

Ricky's reaction to that is amazing :D

I can't listen to this because I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure this is the one :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I need to have a listen to these again soon. It's been too long.

They're all on Youtube.

And there's so many XFM shows that even listening to one a day could probably take you 6 months to listen to the whole catalogue.

• Like 1

There is an episode where Steve leaves the studio to go to McDonalds to buy a load of burgers (he's still on air via his mobile) and they try and get Karl to stuff as many burgers in his mouth :D

• Like 1

No, the XFM shows pre-dated them by a few years. The podcasts, which were the ones made into the animated shows, were done after Gervais and Merchant had left XFM and were doing Office / Extras etc.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Are they the same as the animated shows on Channel 4 with the three of them, where Ricky is made to look a bit like Fred Flintstone?  They used to show them before I started my early shifts at work and were very funny.  I've never listed to the radio ones.

They are all here to listen online

http://www.wherewhywhen.com/xfm-the-ricky-gervais-show-seasons-1-4-complete/

Listen to episode 1 series 1 from about 9 mins onwards and you can tell that Steve and Karl weren't exactly close to begin with!

42 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Are they the same as the animated shows on Channel 4 with the three of them, where Ricky is made to look a bit like Fred Flintstone?  They used to show them before I started my early shifts at work and were very funny.  I've never listed to the radio ones.

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

No, the XFM shows pre-dated them by a few years. The podcasts, which were the ones made into the animated shows, were done after Gervais and Merchant had left XFM and were doing Office / Extras etc.

They are very similar though. The podcasts were basically a way of keeping the radio show going after XFM and the conversations they have are always along the same lines. Chances are if you liked the Ricky Gervais Show you'll like the XFM shows.

Xela, XFM shows were during the Office/Extras era. The podcasts came once they'd finished all that.

You can find some of "Series 0" of the XFM show. Those are from before The Office (and don't have Karl in it). Bit strange hearing Ricky being shocked that somebody had recognised him on the street.

Edited by Stevo985

• 1 month later...

people who live to work. couple of blokes who work down my place and they do seven days a week if they can because they would rather work than do anything else. they dont really do it for the money, i asked one the other day if he likes having a day to himself and he just said nah id rather work. sad existence if you ask me, dont get me wrong if you need to do it fine or if its your own company and you want it to do as well as possible fine, also if you have a great job then yes but seven days on a shitty roof is sad. they both hate having time off over xmas because they are bored. just dont get it.

• Like 3

Â