Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Pinterest

It's a godsend to me. I constantly need ideas and projects for my STEM* lessons and pinterest works great.

It's basically an online pin board for people to stick ideas on.

* Science, technology, engineering and maths for preschool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

It's basically an online pin board for people to stick ideas on.

Thank you for clarifying that AVFC_Hitz. For a while now I've not been sure what exactly it is, yet I find myself seeing it a lot at the moment (I'm moving this year and looking for ideas for the new house, so that makes sense).

• Like 1

So rather than save stuff in folders on your favourites you sign up, give them a bit of information, you then put all your interests on to their website...

the cynic in me says it's got the same dark side to it as club cards etc where they somehow profit from that data by flogging it to marketing companies, even if that isn't the case I still don't get how it's better than using favourites

• Like 1

On an advert for Power Leagues 5-a-side, on the radio today, they played someone commentating on a game. "He goes round the keeper, and smashes it home," 

How do you go round the keeper in 5-a-side? Surely you're not allowed in the box, and the keeper isn't allowed out? That's how we used to play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Red Dwarf. Never found it remotely funny. 

Me neither, I can see why people find it funny though, unlike the mighty boosh which I find as funny as having nail gun fired into my eyes

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen it and i didn't like it.

That was a joke. You say I don't get comedy, I say "watch the night boosh then" inferring it isn't a comedy. I wasn't seriously telling you to watch the mighty boosh

• Like 4

On 1/27/2016 at 13:06, dAVe80 said:

On an advert for Power Leagues 5-a-side, on the radio today, they played someone commentating on a game. "He goes round the keeper, and smashes it home," 

How do you go round the keeper in 5-a-side? Surely you're not allowed in the box, and the keeper isn't allowed out? That's how we used to play. 

box?!? kick it in the corner and first one there, gets smashed against the cage :excl:

21 minutes ago, villakram said:

box?!? kick it in the corner and first one there, gets smashed against the cage :excl:

Never played 5-a-side at Power Leagues, so not sure of the craic? Last time I played was in a leisure centre, and the keeper had a box the shape of a semi circle. Keeper wasn't allowed out of it, players were't allowed in it. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2016 at 20:23, limpid said:

I don't post for the likes. I can add as many as I like to my profile :)

Expanding on this, how come very occasionally I'll see a new post and it will say 'You and 14,000 others like this'?

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Expanding on this, how come very occasionally I'll see a new post and it will say 'You and 14,000 others like this'?

youre-joking-right.jpg

Â