Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Current favourite of mine is Rita Ora. I bet she's filthy. Definitely not the type of girl to invite round your parents for Sunday lunch. She;d be making cock jokes before trying to toss you off under the table. Ahhh Rita! 

Nothing special about her.......

rit+ora.jpg

Definitely not the type of girl to invite round your parents for Sunday lunch. She;d be making cock jokes before trying to toss you off under the table. Ahhh Rita! 

Sunday lunch round your parents' must really be something to write home about if you'd turn that kind of thing down! :)

Edited by snowychap

Definitely not the type of girl to invite round your parents for Sunday lunch. She;d be making cock jokes before trying to toss you off under the table. Ahhh Rita! 
Sunday lunch round your parents' must really be something to write home about if you'd turn that kind of thing down! [emoji4]

Xela Snr does the roasties in goose fat I reckon

• Like 4

Watching some programme about psychics on Channel 4. How come, if there are more Chinese people on Earth than any other nation, when the spirits come through to them, they're never talking Chinese?

Edited by dAVe80

Watching some programme about psychics on Channel 4. How come, if there are more Chinese people on Earth than any other nation, when the spirits come through to them, they're never talking Chinese?

I thought that said 'physics', and for a moment I was interested. 

I've tried to get worked up about psychics, and how it's always gullible little old ladies they're conning, but there's just too much else to be annoyed at. I mean, there's more than one lifetime's worth of annoyance in On Topic. 

• Like 4

I've tried to get worked up about psychics, and how it's always gullible little old ladies they're conning, but there's just too much else to be annoyed at. I mean, there's more than one lifetime's worth of annoyance in On Topic. 

I get what you're saying I think. It's not even on my radar because people should bloody well know better and if they don't, that's their problem.

You can't spend all your time worrying about idiots, you would never make it out of bed.

• Like 2

I mean, there's more than one lifetime's worth of annoyance in On Topic. 

But doesn't the situation in On Topic exactly follow the First Law of Villadynamics?

That when heat is applied to a closed system the internal energy increases and the system can only return to its former state when sufficient heat has been dissipated through work.

So if the state of equilibrium is to return this work has to be done and in the meantime a certain amount of instability is likely to be observable.

• Like 2

But doesn't the situation in On Topic exactly follow the First Law of Villadynamics?

That when heat is applied to a closed system the internal energy increases and the system can only return to its former state when sufficient heat has been dissipated through work.

So if the state of equilibrium is to return this work has to be done and in the meantime a certain amount of instability is likely to be observable.

Yeah, either that or just say DHUTWU.

• Like 2

Yeah, either that or just say DHUTWU.

As Polonius said in Hamlet: Brevity is the soul of wit!

But there are exceptions. :)

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

"In reflection of recent feedback, the copy we used in our recent catalog was inappropriate and in poor taste. Bloomingdales' sincerely apologizes for this error in judgment," a Bloomingdale's representative told Tech Insider

It does seem like they really meant ha, ha, ha how funny. Rape. lolz. Not much of an apology is it? And certainly no explination from them. Have to say I'm normally one for people having a nice thick skin to words but this goes far below poor taste imo. 

Â