Paul Lambert

limpid

I know he can't be totally honest in his interviews as he needs maintain a positive outlook but his interviews are becoming more fairytale by the game. How he thinks we were in it for 60 minutes is bizarre, yes I know the scoreline gave us a chance at that point but the game certainly didn't. I know nothing will change in terms of his job status so where do we go from here?!?!

Lambert us here until the end of the season at least

Are you still happy about this Richard?

Good luck on getting an answer to that question.

Why dont we just go back to playing like we did in the beginning of the season? Yes we may have been a bit lucky back then and can't expect similar point rate but surely we'd be picking up some points. It's so obvious this team can't play the way he now tries.

Hmm... I'm not convinced. They are (supposedly) Premier League quality players. Surely they can adapt if they are coached in the correct way to play?

I know it's not the premier league, but Australia just won the Asian cup playing that way with vastly inferior players having never played that style successfully before. Persistence and proper coaching paid off in the end.

I don't think it is a case of adapting - what we are doing is fundamentally wrong. No teams plays so slow, so narrow  - it won't work - Ever

• Like 3

I know he can't be totally honest in his interviews as he needs maintain a positive outlook but his interviews are becoming more fairytale by the game. How he thinks we were in it for 60 minutes is bizarre, yes I know the scoreline gave us a chance at that point but the game certainly didn't. I know nothing will change in terms of his job status so where do we go from here?!?!

well, there was about 10-15 minutes in the first half we did have the bulk of the posession and did try a few break aways - leading to weimann's chance, and the first 5-10 minutes of the second half we started well and created a couple of chances, so it's not totally inaccurate to claim we were competitive until the 2nd goal. But once that went in we were truly woeful. 

I've always supported Lambert. He came into the club under restrictions, he's still under restrictions, but he's come in and got the club 'settled'. Wage bill is under control, he's made some decent purchases, and dare I say there is an amount of positivity at the club.

Unfortunately all this is useless if you aren't getting the results. Not only is he not getting the results, he's not getting the performances we would expect from a squad of our talent. We have a strong squad on paper, we should easily be finishing mid-table / Top 10. We have international calibre players, we have capped players, we have youth and energy.. Why are we struggling so?

The responsibility has to land on Lambert's shoulder. It's the tactics, plain and simple. Yes, the players need to execute those tactics, but from the looks of our matches this season the majority of the time he has got them wrong. We need someone in who can get the best out of the players we have. I think that despite his friendship with Lerner he's working on borrowed time.

• Like 4

Isn't that pretty much what he said though?

He said we weren't good enough, but while it was 1-0 we were "in the game"

I took that to mean we could still sneak something from it, not that we were as good as Arsenal.

That interview is actually incredibly negative from Lambert. The running theme is that the goals we gave away were very poor, various players had bad games, we shouldn't be in the position we're in and that we were generally just not good enough.

But people seem to be picking up on one line and saying "lolz he's delusional, he thinks we're good!"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Lambert us here until the end of the season at least

Are you still happy about this Richard?

Good luck on getting an answer to that question.
I'd be less happy if he left

With what most people would claim to be his strongest squad is he not getting better results?

Why is he persisting with the possession football when its proved it doesnt get results?

Why did he set us up to play a high line when it was obvious we would be punished for it?

Why did he not change it when it was obvious it wasnt working?

Why has he not found an assistant when its obvious he needs help?

But most of all what do you see that we dont that makes you think he is doing a good job and more importantly when he takes us down will you still think he is the best manager we have had in the last 20 years when during that time no other manager has lost us our premiership status?

I believe in Lambert.  i like the bloke and I really think given the right circumstances he would be a great manager for us. In addition as a club we are a bit of a shambles and yes the playing side has a bit to do with that but the playing side is greatly influenced by the non playing side it pervades everything we do and are as a club.  We also need some stability in terms off the managing of the club,  and again I appreciate we have had 2 and a half years of the same manager and things have not seemingly improved but I do not believe that changing him now will improve or mak much difference and I truly believe that there is no one out there to the standard that will appease the fan base and work under the shit that Paul has had to deal with,  or be prepared to work under that shit.  People turned this club down before Paul took the job those people will not have changed their minds.  So I think a removal now will lead to either a stop gap short term appointment or a young up and coming risk which is basically what Paul was.

Well put. This is why I want him to succeed, rather than watch the club "roll the dice" again.

• Like 1

I'm still with him, but bloody hell he'd better turn it around very soon.

I'm slightly further along, if there was a good candidate that could generate some optimism, that could be worth a few wins straight off, which coming in to the run of fixtures that starts with Hull might be a good thing and save our season, then we should jump at the chance. 

He's got a hell of a lot to do to turn it around this time.

• Like 2

I've always supported Lambert. He came into the club under restrictions, he's still under restrictions, but he's come in and got the club 'settled'. Wage bill is under control, he's made some decent purchases, and dare I say there is an amount of positivity at the club.

Unfortunately all this is useless if you aren't getting the results. Not only is he not getting the results, he's not getting the performances we would expect from a squad of our talent. We have a strong squad on paper, we should easily be finishing mid-table / Top 10. We have international calibre players, we have capped players, we have youth and energy.. Why are we struggling so?

The responsibility has to land on Lambert's shoulder. It's the tactics, plain and simple. Yes, the players need to execute those tactics, but from the looks of our matches this season the majority of the time he has got them wrong. We need someone in who can get the best out of the players we have. I think that despite his friendship with Lerner he's working on borrowed time.

I agree with this in general. What I don't understand is why change the tactics mid season??? I know we had below 30% possession before and actually had more possession than Arsenal yesterday, but what good does it do when there is no end product?? 

In the long run possession might be a good thing, but right now we need goals and direct play suits us better - so why take this huge gamble. Surely Guardiola is not that convincing??

Â