Paul Lambert

limpid

I am a supporter of Lambert, but this season the team has gone backwards for the first time while he has been manager, and this with better players. There is no aggression, no forward passes, no running of the ball, no one is making themselves available. It is not hard work to do any of this stuff. What is wrong? Tactics? Lambert? The players? It wont help with new players if they will play the same way. MOTD made it obvious. The players are looking at each other and pointing. This team should be top 10 with Lambert as manager. Where is the Lambert we knew from Norwich? The unafraid manager that should have been a breath of fresh air at Villa?

Lambert us here until the end of the season at least

I wish you would back up your so called facts or opinions.

Any prediction of the future in any walk of life can only ever be an opinion !

Fwiw I suspect Richard is right, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if we lose the next four in the league and go bottom while getting knocked out the cup.

We have seen many clubs stand by their manager resolutely only to change their minds at the death, nobody is immune from it.

• Like 1

I am a supporter of Lambert, but this season the team has gone backwards for the first time while he has been manager, and this with better players. There is no aggression, no forward passes, no running of the ball, no one is making themselves available. It is not hard work to do any of this stuff. What is wrong? Tactics? Lambert? The players? It wont help with new players if they will play the same way. MOTD made it obvious. The players are looking at each other and pointing. This team should be top 10 with Lambert as manager. Where is the Lambert we knew from Norwich? The unafraid manager that should have been a breath of fresh air at Villa?

You don't think we went backwards last season too?

I am a supporter of Lambert, but this season the team has gone backwards for the first time while he has been manager

What about last season compared to his first?

We've consistently got worse under him.

Last season we got badly hit by injuries to key players, which coincided with the bad patch the last part of the season. Now, everybody is playing badly. Even Okore.

No. Too many injuries. Forgot about Okore, Vlaar, Benteke, Kozak out for a big part of the season? This season, they are only making half chances. The pressing is non-existent, the opposition only needs to stand still to stop Villa's attack. No player at Villa is making room for their team mates by doing smart runs of the ball, like they used to do, especially Gabby (who I feel is not appreciated by many on here).

Think the first team coaches need looking at too, it's a league one setup at best. I know we're not supposed to judge a coach on their playing career, but... A Left Back who made a total of 133 league appearances in his playing career, with a knack of scoring own goals (sound familiar?), an average goalkeeper, who for the last ten years of his playing career made, erm 119 league appearences, Goalkeeping coach is alright though. I think that's it for the 1st team coaching setup, so that's Scott Marshall and Andy Marshall. Have I missed anyone?

No. Too many injuries. Forgot about Okore, Vlaar, Benteke, Kozak out for a big part of the season? This season, they are only making half chances. The pressing is non-existent, the opposition only needs to stand still to stop Villa's attack. No player at Villa is making room for their team mates by doing smart runs of the ball, like they used to do, especially Gabby (who I feel is not appreciated by many on here).

Sorry, injuries or not, last season we played absolute gutter football. It was terrible to watch - and we rode our luck a lot. Lambert himself told us 'what we needed' after that inept display at Spurs.

He has two PL games to get something or he can just **** off now. Today's pony display broke any patience I had.

• Like 1

I don't agree at all. The bad patch came after all those long term injuries, but now the players are not doing enough for their manager, which is utterly strange since Delph just signed a contract and seems happy to be here.

And last season after 23 games, we had 27 points:

10 Aston Villa 23   7 6 10 26 32   3 2 7 12 19   4 4 3 14 13   -6 27  

Which was good.

Edited by momo

I don't agree at all. The bad patch came after all those long term injuries, but now the players are not doing enough for their manager, which is utterly strange since Delph just signed a contract and seems happy to be here.

No it didn't !

It started on 8th December against Fulham. We got something like 19 points from the ' last' 22/24 odd games. I hear a lot of people saying it was near the end of the season but it was from December interrupted by a couple of good results.

• Like 1

You know what, if it means we can all forget about how shit it has become to support a team that isn't one of the top six (Chelsea city utd arsenal liverpool Spurs) in modern football for just a few matches then sack him.

Theres us and Everton left of the teams that haven't had our egos deflated by being relegated so we seem to be stuck in this mindset of expecting to be near the top of the Premier League despite the status quo becoming more and more solidified. Now this isn't a post about what fans should or should not expect, we are a wonderful club but there's no guarantees especially when the odds become so stacked against you. With or without Lambert the club needs to make more money to get back to the top, that is without question. Whether Lambert should be here while we try to make more money is the question and most people evidently think no - I think it won't make much difference although I am currently very concerned with the lack of goals. If it means surviving a little more comfortably, change the manager, whatever.

The worst thing about this for me is that I feel like as fans we have had to start supporting the business, not the team. Modern football is shit, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop watching.

Â