Paul Lambert

limpid

Why dont we just go back to playing like we did in the beginning of the season? Yes we may have been a bit lucky back then and can't expect similar point rate but surely we'd be picking up some points. It's so obvious this team can't play the way he now tries.

I'd take Sherwood but then I'd probably take anyone over Lambert because it really can't be worse.

He might temporarily improve things on the pitch in the short term.

But we'd have a ridiculous human being as manager, who would embarass us off the pitch.

I don't think the short term improvement would be worth it to have someone like Sherwood as manager.

if the choice was Relegation under Lambert or stay up with Sherwood, and those were the ONLY two options, then I'd take Sherwood. But that's it.

As it stands, I don't believe we'll be relegated, and luckily there are loads of other options than Tim **** Sherwood.

Sack Lambert, fine. But employ somebody better than Sherwood.

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice but all I'm really concerned about is getting rid of Lambert.

If Sherwood was the only one interested in the job I'd happily take him here.

isnt that the basis some people supporting Lambert have because he isnt McLeish

Why dont we just go back to playing like we did in the beginning of the season? Yes we may have been a bit lucky back then and can't expect similar point rate but surely we'd be picking up some points. It's so obvious this team can't play the way he now tries.

Hmm... I'm not convinced. They are (supposedly) Premier League quality players. Surely they can adapt if they are coached in the correct way to play?

I know it's not the premier league, but Australia just won the Asian cup playing that way with vastly inferior players having never played that style successfully before. Persistence and proper coaching paid off in the end.

Clearly upset with the performance.

He said Cleverley is an offensive player...seriously Lambert?   Also said he left Westwood out for Sanchez, how about leaving Cleverley out for Westwood and we might create more chances ffs

Going by that he clearly thinks its either Westwood or Sanchez to partner Delph. He actually thinks Cleverley is a creative player who will go and create goals. Put Gil there and take Cleverley out. 

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, I'm too depressed to trawl back through this thread, but does anybody have a list of club records held by Paul Lambert?   I know he has the club record defeat in all competitions, fewest home wins in a season, most home defeats in a season, most consecutive defeats in a season and longest run without a league goal.  Any others? 

Sorry if this has been addressed recently, I'm too depressed to trawl back through this thread, but does anybody have a list of club records held by Paul Lambert?   I know he has the club record defeat in all competitions, fewest home wins in a season, most home defeats in a season, most consecutive defeats in a season and longest run without a league goal.  Any others? 

I'm trying to compile the same on a blog. Let me know if you find the full list.

I can't sleep.

I've got Lambert's interview on repeat. i'm getting there.

^Of course, this is a joke and whilst it is a dig at the manager, I should also add (and this is perverse), I actually like Lambert (as a person) and am actually gutted he has failed. 

Edited by DK82
  • Like 3

He needs bailing out by the chairman or sacking as he has lost the plot and it seems like he is trying to make things hard for himself but in reality he is losing it. His tactics were shit again today and while we had a go at Arsenal we were left so open at the back against probably the best team in the league to exploit it, as dumb as it gets. He wants wants to play possession football but then leaves our best passer out of the team.?  Richardson was tripe last week but he starts him again.?  Cleverley continues to offer nothing but starts every game.?  Benteke needs dropping but continues to play every minute of every game.?  

There is no time left for him imo as he has put it beyond doubt at this stage that he is lacking in too many areas when it comes to being a top manager, his only saving grace will be a Bent like signing or at a push, an assistant who can drill the team better and get our best 11 on the pitch performing to the required level.

Honest question and not a wind up. You seem to have changed your views on Lambert after the game today?

I've always put blame on Lambert over his time here when I believe he deserved it but I also was sympathetic to the circumstances he was working under.  He has assembled a decent squad for the first time this season especially in midfield and defense but continues to baffle me with his decisions as I alluded to in my previous post. I still want him to do well and it would be great if he got in someone tomorrow upfront who could make a difference as we have been let down by Gabby and Benteke alot this season while they look like they couldn't care less.  I guess more than anything I'm becoming disillusioned with it all as things just keep getting worse and time is running out.

Fair comment and thank you. My position changed about a year ago from being fully behind Lambert to believing he could take us nowhere and was best gone. On the way I have had near rethinks, such as at the start of this season where I thought maybe he is up to the job, but the truth is I remain firmly in the Lambert out camp.  My biggest gripe which I can sum up in two words is 'tactically inept'. His shortcomings in this area have been endlessly dissected on this forum so there is no need to trot out the same arguments again but yesterday we had another masterclass.

• Like 1

Do you think the club will even bother releasing a season review DVD?

It would honestly be an insult if they did. 

Oh they will.   They will describe the season as a "roller coaster" or something.   It would be the most boring roller coaster in the history of mankind, but that won't get in the way of marketing. 

Â