Paul Lambert

limpid

Not sure if this has been mooted before, probably has but has he 'lost the dressing room'?

This tends to be the point of no return for a Manager and when they often get sacked, looking at the players' body language yesterday it was appalling, all over the pitch too not just Benteke.

Players were losing the ball and making no great effort to get back, there's just no passion or desire there so how many of this squad actually want to play for him anymore?

But still signing contracts?  Not convinced.

On the contract thing, hasn't Delph said his team mates looked at him with surprise? As in "you must be f'ing mad" no doubt.

I'm browsing On my mobile and when I first tapped onto the topic it took a minute to realise it was 1 Feb 2014 I was reading, similar things were being said, the man quite simply is a cancerous tumour afflicting our club, if we don't cut the f##ker off quick it might be to late.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mooted before, probably has but has he 'lost the dressing room'?

This tends to be the point of no return for a Manager and when they often get sacked, looking at the players' body language yesterday it was appalling, all over the pitch too not just Benteke.

Players were losing the ball and making no great effort to get back, there's just no passion or desire there so how many of this squad actually want to play for him anymore?

But still signing contracts?  Not convinced.

Presume this is aimed primarily at Delph signing?

If so, it's my opinion that the Delph situation differs to that of your usual scenario, as he touched upon himself he does actually owe Aston Villa, not in the usual ways in that we've paid him handsomely, given him a platform to progress etc etc but that we more than stood by him during really difficult periods in which neither he nor us could hand on heart say that he would 'make it'.

He does strike me as being loyal, whatever that means in this day and age but I do not doubt that he will move on over the coming 18 months, what he's done is guaranteed us a compensating figure for all that we've done for him, I have little to no issue with any of this btw.

The other players that signed did so largely when we'd made a great start to the season and things were a whole heap rosier so I don't believe it's an indication either way sorry

I've got absolutely no faith in this man. We do not have a squad that should be battling relegation.

no faith ? Yet he put the squad together

Kudos to Lambert for signing good players. The performances he has got out of them have been pretty dreadful though.

I've got absolutely no faith in this man. We do not have a squad that should be battling relegation.

no faith ? Yet he put the squad together

On his own?

I don't know why why anyone has faith in him. And faith in what? That things will be better under him? Well that's based on nothing. That things will be worse without him? 12 points in 19 games (half a season) that's a points per game average that over a whole season would get just 24 points.

12 points in 19 games (half a season) that's a points per game average that over a whole season would get just 24 points.

Reading your post I have just realized I have been making our record this season look more favorable than it actually is. A number of times today I have posted we have taken 13 points over the last 19 games when in fact it was 12. Just when I thought things couldn't be any worse!

So there are still one or two who still support him :detect:

Define support.

Can I support him and still think it's best he was sacked?

Because I think that's where I am.

I think that is where the majority of fans are right now.

Define majority, I don't support him.

Define support.

majority
məˈdʒɒrɪti/
noun

1. 1.
    the greater number.
    "in the majority of cases all will go smoothly"
    synonyms: larger part/number, greater part/number, major part, best/better part,main part, most, more than half; More 
    •  

2. 2.
    the age at which a person is legally a full adult, usually either 18 or 21.
    "kids get control of the money when they reach the age of majority"
    synonyms: coming of age, legal age, seniority, adulthood, manhood/womanhood,maturity
    "a girl who has not yet reached her majority"
Edited by Stevo985

Define support.

I think we all know what majority means it's pretty simple. I'm not answering for you or anyone else when I say that I think it's the case. There is no way of determining whether what I think is right.

And anyway it's probably more supporting the team while he is in charge rather than supporting Lambert himself.

The poor turnout of the protest was a good indicator if this. I'll use that word that you don't I understand but I also think that the majority actually think it was best he went but support the team while he is in charge.

How about a simple poll, yea, nay or not sure, on whether Lambert should be sacked?

It would probably be too complicated in order to pacify those that like to keep moving the goalposts with at least the following options: 

1. Sack him now

2. Give him until sometime in February

3. Give him until the end of February

4. Give him until sometime in March

5. Give him until the end of March

6. Give him until sometime in April

7. Give him until the end of April

8. Sack him at the end of the season

9. Keep him no matter what even if he takes us down

10. Who gives a toss anymore

• Like 4

Â