Paul Lambert

limpid

I'd take Sherwood but then I'd probably take anyone over Lambert because it really can't be worse.

He might temporarily improve things on the pitch in the short term.

But we'd have a ridiculous human being as manager, who would embarass us off the pitch.

I don't think the short term improvement would be worth it to have someone like Sherwood as manager.

if the choice was Relegation under Lambert or stay up with Sherwood, and those were the ONLY two options, then I'd take Sherwood. But that's it.

As it stands, I don't believe we'll be relegated, and luckily there are loads of other options than Tim **** Sherwood.

Sack Lambert, fine. But employ somebody better than Sherwood.

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice but all I'm really concerned about is getting rid of Lambert.

If Sherwood was the only one interested in the job I'd happily take him here.

I'd take Sherwood but then I'd probably take anyone over Lambert because it really can't be worse.

He might temporarily improve things on the pitch in the short term.

But we'd have a ridiculous human being as manager, who would embarass us off the pitch.

I don't think the short term improvement would be worth it to have someone like Sherwood as manager.

if the choice was Relegation under Lambert or stay up with Sherwood, and those were the ONLY two options, then I'd take Sherwood. But that's it.

As it stands, I don't believe we'll be relegated, and luckily there are loads of other options than Tim **** Sherwood.

Sack Lambert, fine. But employ somebody better than Sherwood.

I'm not saying he'd be my first choice but all I'm really concerned about is getting rid of Lambert.

If Sherwood was the only one interested in the job I'd happily take him here.

Luckily he's not.

The football prior to the advent of the 'new style' certainly needed to be expanded upon but low-block, counter-attacking football was at least effective against superior footballing sides...kind of like Arsenal. Now we don't even do it for these games. This manager really doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

It's a foolish idea to alter the playing style mid-season, especially in the Premiership. I think this upcoming summer would've been a much better time to adopt a new style of play. However, I am clinging onto a faint hope that we'll click and start winning again this season.

I also get the impression that this change in style is chiefly Tom Fox's idea, not Lambert's. Maybe Lambert isn't fully comfortable with this possession based football? 

Genuine question, not a dig: what gives you that impression?

Why would I consider that to be a dig?  :wacko:

Firstly, my impression has no factual basis - it's only a hunch or a feeling, I'm probably totally wrong. But it seems strange that Lambert would insist on changing our style half way through the season. Personally I see this as an idea put forward by Fox, possibly trying to change the perception of the club (nothing wrong with that IMO) - helping to move us forward.

BTW, I do think Lambert would've had the final say on any such change.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

The likelyhood is that at some course of the season, we will go 'unbeaten' but be unspectacular for 4/5 games, 2-4 draws and one win, followed by yet another fall from grace and no wins in 8/9. This is the pattern we go through constantly with Lambert, this would see us relegated, in my opinion.

Just seen this from Twitter :

'Aston villa's goal drought is now longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy'

:D

Isn't it great that we have now become a source of amusement to so many people.

Absolute disgrace what Lerner and Lambert have done to our great club.

I disagree. If we continue to lose they will have to do something.

Will they though?

I think they will. Lerner has no ambition for this club but there's no way he or fox will not care about relegation. If this continues I believe there will be a point where he goes. It might be too late but I think they'd have to act.

If the season ends and he's sacked then I'd be worried.

We could very well be in the championship then.

If we stay up Lerner will keep him in a job so that he might do the same next season and If we get relegated then Lerner would keep him because he's already shown that he can get promotion with Norwich. I think one of Rany's main reasons for not sacking Lambert is because he doesn't want the hassle while the club is for sale, I think the sacking of Lambert at the end of the season would be an indication Lerner is here to stay longer than many would like.

If the season ends and he's sacked then I'd be worried.

We could very well be in the championship then.

If we stay up Lerner will keep him in a job so that he might do the same next season and If we get relegated then Lerner would keep him because he's already shown that he can get promotion with Norwich. I think one of Rany's main reasons for not sacking Lambert is because he doesn't want the hassle while the club is for sale, I think the sacking of Lambert at the end of the season would be an indication Lerner is here to stay longer than many would like.

There will be hellfire if we go down.

If fans can be bothered.

• Like 1

The football prior to the advent of the 'new style' certainly needed to be expanded upon but low-block, counter-attacking football was at least effective against superior footballing sides...kind of like Arsenal. Now we don't even do it for these games. This manager really doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

It's a foolish idea to alter the playing style mid-season, especially in the Premiership. I think this upcoming summer would've been a much better time to adopt a new style of play. However, I am clinging onto a faint hope that we'll click and start winning again this season.

I also get the impression that this change in style is chiefly Tom Fox's idea, not Lambert's. Maybe Lambert isn't fully comfortable with this possession based football? 

So the so far unsuccessful change of style may also be something that cannot be blamed on Lambert?

So the so far unsuccessful change of style may also be something that cannot be blamed on Lambert?

A long list just got longer.

Â