Paul Lambert

limpid

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

Definite signs of improvement in terms of the football being played

That's a false narrative. Our passing is better and we have plenty of energy. Other teams are getting the rub of the green. I think referees are being told to be biased against us. Things will improve. We will not get relegated. Paul Lambert will lead us to safety this season, and Europe in the future.

I don't agree at all. The bad patch came after all those long term injuries, but now the players are not doing enough for their manager, which is utterly strange since Delph just signed a contract and seems happy to be here.

No it didn't !

It started on 8th December against Fulham. We got something like 19 points from the ' last' 22/24 odd games. I hear a lot of people saying it was near the end of the season but it was from December interrupted by a couple of good results.

We where 10th at the end of January. Up until then, it was a season of ups and downs, which is quite normal. After that it was bad, sure enough.

You know what, if it means we can all forget about how shit it has become to support a team that isn't one of the top six (Chelsea city utd arsenal liverpool Spurs) in modern football for just a few matches then sack him.

Theres us and Everton left of the teams that haven't had our egos deflated by being relegated so we seem to be stuck in this mindset of expecting to be near the top of the Premier League despite the status quo becoming more and more solidified. Now this isn't a post about what fans should or should not expect, we are a wonderful club but there's no guarantees especially when the odds become so stacked against you. With or without Lambert the club needs to make more money to get back to the top, that is without question. Whether Lambert should be here while we try to make more money is the question and most people evidently think no - I think it won't make much difference although I am currently very concerned with the lack of goals. If it means surviving a little more comfortably, change the manager, whatever.

The worst thing about this for me is that I feel like as fans we have had to start supporting the business, not the team. Modern football is shit, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop watching.

Modern football is not the reason we've been shit for so long.

A combination of an owner who has no interest in owning us and a poor manager somehow keeping his job has put us where we are.

You know what, if it means we can all forget about how shit it has become to support a team that isn't one of the top six (Chelsea city utd arsenal liverpool Spurs) in modern football for just a few matches then sack him.

Theres us and Everton left of the teams that haven't had our egos deflated by being relegated so we seem to be stuck in this mindset of expecting to be near the top of the Premier League despite the status quo becoming more and more solidified. Now this isn't a post about what fans should or should not expect, we are a wonderful club but there's no guarantees especially when the odds become so stacked against you. With or without Lambert the club needs to make more money to get back to the top, that is without question. Whether Lambert should be here while we try to make more money is the question and most people evidently think no - I think it won't make much difference although I am currently very concerned with the lack of goals. If it means surviving a little more comfortably, change the manager, whatever.

The worst thing about this for me is that I feel like as fans we have had to start supporting the business, not the team. Modern football is shit, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop watching.

Modern football is not the reason we've been shit for so long.

A combination of an owner who has no interest in owning us and a poor manager somehow keeping his job has put us where we are.

I don't want to get into another back and forth saying the same things again really, so out of interest what do you think might have happened a month or so ago if we had we sacked him and brought in Pulis or whoever? I'm talking short term, end of the season, and future seasons?

anyone else see the MOTD 2 analysis? the amount of finger pointing by the players in that 1 play was mad, sanchez in particular looked utterly fed up, and from what i can remember that was only after about 15 minutes, horrible body language, none of the players look on the same wave length, and probably most alarmingly delph was horrific in that segment, really poor movement, really poor passing

there were about 5 players involved in that move and not 1 of them looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing

• Like 1

We have many problems like giving the ball away and not closing the opposition down etc, etc

but make no mistake who ever gets the ball in this team enters a nightmare, because the movement OFF the ball is very worrying.

Even the MOTD pundits are picking up on it, but hey they couldn't care less about us.

To me that is workrate, they work on the ball, but very little off it.

I don't agree at all. The bad patch came after all those long term injuries, but now the players are not doing enough for their manager, which is utterly strange since Delph just signed a contract and seems happy to be here.

No it didn't !

It started on 8th December against Fulham. We got something like 19 points from the ' last' 22/24 odd games. I hear a lot of people saying it was near the end of the season but it was from December interrupted by a couple of good results.

We where 10th at the end of January. Up until then, it was a season of ups and downs, which is quite normal. After that it was bad, sure enough.
Sorry but opinions are one thing, facts are facts.

I don't want to be accused of being selective so choose whichever you think most fair

Between 8th December and end of December we played 5, losing 4 and drawing 1, scoring 2.

Or between 8th December and the end of january we played 9,lost 5, won 2 drew 2 scored 10 and conceded 16.

Between 8th December and end of February...the end of winter- ish.....played 13, winning 2 and losing 8, 9 points and negative goal difference of 10.

How does any of this fit the idea that injuries led us to a bad run in the later part of the season !!!!!!!

Nitey nite

Edited by terrytini

Clearly upset with the performance.

He said Cleverley is an offensive player...seriously Lambert?   Also said he left Westwood out for Sanchez, how about leaving Cleverley out for Westwood and we might create more chances ffs

To listen to Lambert commenting on individual players, they have all played well since they arrived.

so why are we making negative records in football and can't score a goal.

something does not stack up with this guy.

.....send in Colombo

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

That's a false narrative. Our passing is better and we have plenty of energy. Other teams are getting the rub of the green. I think referees are being told to be biased against us. Things will improve. We will not get relegated. Paul Lambert will lead us to safety this season, and Europe in the future.

That's a wind up surely?

Just re watched the second goal.

Hutton on the edge of their area.

I despair.

A fullback would never be in that position in open play, with his left sided colleague on the ball, unless he was following orders.

That absolutely must be directly attributable to the manager.

Utterly appalling.

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

That's a wind up surely?

He's being sarcastic mate.

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

That's a wind up surely?

either that or he's tom fox ;)

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

That's a wind up surely?

Thought so, tho I've lost all memory of who is still on his side tbh, so you never can be sure.

Â