Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Funny how it seems it takes a certain type of manager to get the best out of him. Highly regarded and good young player under Ferguson, dropped off the planet under Moyes and Van Gaal, lambert picks him up and works hard but to little effect, then Sherwood comes and it's back to the TC that was so highly thought of as a youngster, and ex-England player. Not saying Sherwood is any Ferguson (hope he has the same success here though!) but both were very youth focused, polarising of opinion but generally loved by their players. I think he might realise this and not want to risk going backwards again.

He kind of died away under Ferguson too though, I think Tom has probably just been suffering from a lack of confidence, when he first came into the United first team he was probably buzzing, he was largely slated by the United fans after some poor performances, confidence was probably gone, played the same number of games under Moyes as in Ferguson's last year but any United fan I talked to said he was useless, signed for us, was woeful, absolutely hopeless, offered nothing. Tim's come in and said hang on a minute this guy was banging in the goals at Watford and now you barely see him outside of the centre circle on the pitch, he's said you don't lose that goal scoring instinct and told Tom get yourself forward at every chance. He now has as many league goals for Villa as he does United. 

• Like 2

I'd imagine he will probably want at least parity with Delph. I'd guess 50k a week....

As he's a free agent, i think it'll be more like £60k/week plus £2mill signing fee = £14.5mill over 4 years.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but the sickly-ginger haired, small peckered Paul Scholes has been gobbing off in the press about how Cleverley should join Everton.

got any links?

To be fair, he said he feels Cleverley will choose Everton in the summer and that it would be a good fit for him under Martinez.

got any links?

“I have a feeling that he might go to Everton,” he said. “I don’t know, I don’t speak to Tom, but I just get the feeling knowing that he lives in a good distance from Everton’s training ground.

“I think Martinez likes him. I think he will suit their style of play. He is a very good footballer, he likes to get forward, he likes to score goals, he is very good in possession.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/paul-scholes-advice-tom-cleverley-9284372

Edited by Isa

Paul Scholes never spoke when he was playing now he's getting paid he won't shut up!! Cleverley is playing the best football of his career but yet Scholes says he'd suit Everton. He obviously suits playing under Sherwood!!

• Like 1

“I have a feeling that he might go to Everton,” he said. “I don’t know, I don’t speak to Tom, but I just get the feeling knowing that he lives in a good distance from Everton’s training ground.

“I think Martinez likes him. I think he will suit their style of play. He is a very good footballer, he likes to get forward, he likes to score goals, he is very good in possession.”

So Scholes is coming out with all this based on the location of Cleverley's house?....and neglecting the fact that his career has been revived under Sherwood and also how Cleverley said to the press after the West Ham game how happy he is at Villa, and how money isn't the main motivator but instead his happiness as a footballer is. I can't see Cleverley playing for any other club than Villa next season and I hope I'm right.

Paul Scholes never spoke when he was playing now he's getting paid he won't shut up!! Cleverley is playing the best football of his career but yet Scholes says he'd suit Everton. He obviously suits playing under Sherwood!!

Spoke poetry on the pitch. Talks like a dullard of it. Cleverley has already indicated he wants  to come here- I'd factor that a bit higher than the huntches of a former teammate who rarely talks to him.

The main reason he said that is because he knows Cleverley lives close to the Everton training ground.

He wants to stay, if the offer we give him suits him im confident he'll sign. Really didnt want him until he stepped his game up. Get him signed up. Benteke first though

I've said many many times, location will be quite important to this imo. Cleverley dosen't have to leave his north west base full time if he goes Everton. Who knows what his missus wants to do.

Probably spend his money!

I think he'll sign. Wouldn't surprise me if he already has and it'll be announced he "will sign" before he becomes a free.

I think that would be breaking the rules and rules breaking never happens in football

Â