Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Fantastic news he's been omitted from England squad with regards any hopes we have of signing him.

Gets called up; top teams start sniffing again or he gets all big headed about playing at different level etc.

No Villa players called up; he starts thinking Villa isn't a big enough team to supply England with players

Delph called up; best scenario. Keeps him grounded, knows he can be called up if playing for Villa and sees the player who was called up has signed new contract at this club!

I still don't think he'll sign for us but this is best scenario in aiding any attempt.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 1

Baffling, when he wasn't playing for United he was a dead cert, when he was playing badly for United he was a dead cert, when he regains his form and starts meeting past expectations he is snubbed.

We shouldn't be surprised, look how long it took Barry, Delph, Milner and Young to get a shot, it's the England way.

Cleverley is consistently shit at United - gets picked anyway

Comes to Villa and starts putting in really good performances for the last few months - not picked

Makes perfect sense.

Comes to Villa, gets labelled "the worst midfielder ever" and a "pile of absolute shit, he can go to Everton".

Now should be an England international.

:D

• Like 2

Cleverley is consistently shit at United - gets picked anyway

Comes to Villa and starts putting in really good performances for the last few months - not picked

Makes perfect sense.

Comes to Villa, gets labelled "the worst midfielder ever" and a "pile of absolute shit, he can go to Everton".

Now should be an England international.

:D

That's why I said he's been playing well for the last few months. He was awful before that but he's been great since Sherwood's come in.

I'm Born & breed in Brum and proud to be British

BUT F**K Englands national team. FA & the deciding clowns are a Bunch of Cockney & North-West brown-nosers.

Tom, please sign for us, then one day soon England may deserve you,

BUT F**K Englands national team. FA & the deciding clowns are a Bunch of Cockney & North-West brown-nosers.

Pray tell - what do you make of Jamie Vardy's call-up?

• Like 1

I was born in Brum but am not particularly "proud to be British". However, I grew up supporting the England national team, as did the vast majority of English football fans. I find this "**** England" stuff utterly baffling, how can you suddenly stop supporting a team you presumably supported throughout your formative years?

Villa >>>> England, clearly. But the hatred from some is just downright weird.

I also find it strange that you wouldn't want our players to be happy. Now I don't assume to know Tom Cleverley, but I would hazard a guess that he'd like to play international football.

• Like 2

I was actually going to defend Hodgson slightly and say that Cleverley has only recently come good after months of being shite (even though we know he wasn't really to blame for that) so I could understand him not getting picked yet.

Then I saw the rest of the squad!

I think we owe Cleverley a lot of thanks for still being in the premier league. The last few months has been great for both parties and I hope each remembers this. Firstly i'd like to see us sign him, he worked so hard for us under Sherwood and he deserves to be at a club that want him. He also needs to remember we do want him, a lot of the fans want him here and we all saw how much effort he put in to keeping us up. 

Lambert's management wasn't great and it showed with Cleverley and the way he was playing and during that patch I was really disappointed and had been thinking perhaps he just isn't good enough, but he proved me wrong. When being managed correctly he has been immense and added goals to a midfield which just weren't there before.

It could have been easy for him to have just disappeared and let us sink while only a loan player but he didn't he fought and gave us a great engine. People can say what they like about him, but he was one of the reasons we stayed up this season.  

• Like 2

Pretty happy about Tom not making the squad. Best to have him out of the headlines and I feel it'll jncrease our chances of signing him permanently.

How the hell did Varsy get in?! Four goals all season.

• Like 1

Pray tell - what do you make of Jamie Vardy's call-up?

Who is Jamie Vardy?

• Like 1

I was born in Brum but am not particularly "proud to be British".

Having a number of Scottish & Irish friends and having worked with (and still do) a number of Scottish & Irish Colleages mostly on my European travels, we tend to banter a lot and group together as "British". I'm proud to be part of "the Team" amongst all the Germans, Spanish, Italians and Americans who try to "Jibe us"

However, I grew up supporting the England national team, as did the vast majority of English football fans. I find this "**** England" stuff utterly baffling, how can you suddenly stop supporting a team you presumably supported throughout your formative years?

Ever since its been obvious to me that "Club England" is just a "Money TIT" for Liverpool Man U ( and now Man C) Chelsea Arsenal & Spurs Fans and an embarrassment on the pitch, I can no longer get enthused about such an organisation that alienates its fans.

Villa >>>> England, clearly. But the hatred from some is just downright weird.

No Clough, Not Keeping Venables, Eileen, Sven, Fabio, McClaren, The Golden Generation, Puting Scoles out on the left to shoe in Gerrard & Lampard..............West Ham/Olympic stadium...........etc

I also find it strange that you wouldn't want our players to be happy. Now I don't assume to know Tom Cleverley, but I would hazard a guess that he'd like to play international football.

How many players have we lost having been tapped up on England duty by the Sky 5 players?

F**K em

Tom should sign first, then he should worry later if "that current squad" deserve playing with him

I think his not making the England squad may not help him to choose us.

If he was playing for Everton now I suspect he would have made the squad because Everton players seem to find the England squad easier to make than do our players in general.

Everton looked his likely destination when he joined us but I think things have changed now. I hope to see him in our shirt and an England shirt next season if the former WBA boss can bring himself to select a second Villa player for a future England squad.  

Â