Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I think he's smart enough to know that this is what happens at all football clubs when things aren't going your way. Things could not have turned out better for him since Sherwood arrived. Now we all appreciate what a good player he is

• Like 1

He wasn't being used properly under PL, and was playing in a midfield that wasn't set up properly. That made him look poor, and I think he'll fully appreciate and understand that. The new manager came in and looked at what the midfielders had in their locker and built a system that they could work well together in, which has made him look fantastic, and again I think he'll fully appreciate and understand that too. 

I don't think there's any chance he would've wanted to stay under the previous manager, but now he's playing well, in a system that suits him, under a manager that knows how to get the best out of him, and he'd obviously be taking a major risk to swap that for an unknown somewhere else.

I think he'll sign, personally, and he'll be very happy to do so, unless someone offers him ridiculous money elsewhere, in which case he'd probably be mad to turn it down. His comments over the weekend were great though, and it very much appears he'd rather be happy playing football than earning bucketloads and not being happy. The only question mark is whether someone else convinces him they can offer him both - and I'm sure many will try.

I think he'll sign, as will Benteke.  Sherwood seems to have got a brilliant team spirit going, and I think people will want to stay to be a part of it.  And with a crowd of nearly 40,000 for West Bloody Ham, it looks like the supporters are up for it as well.

I'm not so sure Benteke will, to be honest, but regardless we need to make it clear to him we're not selling him in summer since nobody can afford him, and if he wants a move the following summer he'll need to go score 30+ goals so that someone will match our valuation

Wolfsburg are interested in signing Tom Cleverley, who is available on a free transfer this summer, according to Sky sources.

Cleverley is on loan at Aston Villa from Manchester United, and the Germans have joined a list of teams interested in signing him that includes Everton, Arsenal, and Villa themselves.

The midfielder is waiting until the end of the season to decide where he'll play next season.

Sky sources understand one big factor is his international future. He is desperate to get back into the England squad after starting all the qualifiers leading up to the World Cup.

Cleverley has hinted that he could stay with Villa, insisting money is not a factor.

"I don't think any Premier League players are going to be short of a quid or two," Cleverley said. "You have just got to be happy first of all.

"And I am at this club, so let's see where we go from there. I think first and foremost you have to be playing at a club where you fit in.

"Where you're playing in the position where you want to play and where you like the manager, the lads, this club ticks those boxes.

"We'll just see what happens but first the club have got to offer me something. Those talks haven't taken place yet. I just know my contract runs out on June 30 at Man United, that's my position."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9846225/manchester-uniteds-tom-cleverley-is-a-target-of-german-side-wolfsburg

wolfsburg could have signed him whenever they wanted from 1st January but have stepped up their interest now?

giphy.gif

positive comments about us though

• Like 1

Is there something about his girlfriend that I don't know? Is she a well known party animal?

She's an ex-The Only Way is Essex cast member apparently, so yes?

Ah yes just read her twitter.

She seems ok as they go. She's a mother, into her fitness, and they are getting married this summer? Doesn't come across as a party animal but maybe I'm wrong.

Said he wants to sign and is playing with a smile on his face enjoying it here

Birmingham mail front page

Good find, someone should have found that and posted it..... Last night ;)

He's in the sort of form now where he could really launch back into England contention with a strong season for us next season in partnership with Delph.

His choice, ultimately, but he's revitalised his career under Sherwood, hopefully he makes the right decision and hangs around

Funny how it seems it takes a certain type of manager to get the best out of him. Highly regarded and good young player under Ferguson, dropped off the planet under Moyes and Van Gaal, lambert picks him up and works hard but to little effect, then Sherwood comes and it's back to the TC that was so highly thought of as a youngster, and ex-England player. Not saying Sherwood is any Ferguson (hope he has the same success here though!) but both were very youth focused, polarising of opinion but generally loved by their players. I think he might realise this and not want to risk going backwards again.

"If" we are able to sign T.Clevzzzz as an out of contract player this summer, then se certainly owe Everton a High5. In trying to gazump on last day of transfer window, they could end up saving us upwards of eight million quid!

I realise his wage request will go up as no transfer fee involved, but still, that would be a good deal for Villa and Timmy Mk2.

I'd imagine he will probably want at least parity with Delph. I'd guess 50k a week....

If he keeps up these performances, I think that is fair. Delph and Cleverly are both relatively young so they can continue to grow as footballers. 

If Clerverley stays with us and plays like he has he'll be back in the England squad in no time. With a European Championship at the end of next season hopefully that's another reason to stay somewhere where you are settled and playing well! I hope this also goes for Benteke!

Â