Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

MOTM today. Best performance I've seen from him at Villa.

I read somewhere that Remi did like to play with a proper defensive protector in front of the defence at Lyon. Sanchez is perfect in that role.

This putting round pegs in round holes might catch on you know 

I came into the thread to post the exact same. I think over the next few weeks we will see a few of our players benefit from this crazy new approach ;)

Probably his best game for us. Didn't try anything too stupid which was key and looks like he's been given a defined role, which is vitally important if he's going to have an impact.

Not as good as Sunderland at home last season but not a million miles away. 

Probably his best game for us. Didn't try anything too stupid which was key and looks like he's been given a defined role, which is vitally important if he's going to have an impact.

I vote for West Ham away last season.

But yeah was great today.

He was great today, the enforcer it's not easy going toe to toe with toure but I thought he did excellent. You don't get 60 caps for Columbia for nothing. He's been Columbia's best player in there last few games. Play him where he's comfortable and watch him go. He will be big for us and a fan favourite. Well done Carlos

• Like 1

It was so great to see the midfield 3 deployed with an actual shape.

Sanchez was obviously the deepest of the three and kept that position. Gana and Veretout sat in front of him.

I've said it dozens of times, but giving this team shape and organisation is half the battle.

Edited by Stevo985

Far tougher opposition today though which is why I think its best performance yet.

I didn't it here because of how bad our run has been lately and how little hope I have but I was thinking that a french coach would properly use Sanchez seeing how it was a frenchman who invented the role he plays and how they tend to use it in French while there really are not british coaches who have used hat kind of position in england: only foreign coaches.

Sanchez was obviously the deepest of the three and kept that position. Gaba and Veretout sat in front of him.

I've said it dozens of times, but giving this team shape and organisation is half the battle.

And that is what they've been drilling into them in the three days, three days and its improved that much. Makes you wonder what Sherwood and Wilkins were doing these last 3 months doesn't it.

• Like 3

I think we've all wanted to see Sanchez just sit in front of the back four and do nothing but protect the back. Nice to finally see him given that role. I don't think Westwood and Sanchez can play in the same team, and Sanchez gets the nod every time for me. 

• Like 3

Sanchez was obviously the deepest of the three and kept that position. Gaba and Veretout sat in front of him.

And that is what they've been drilling into them in the three days, three days and its improved that much. Makes you wonder what Sherwood and Wilkins were doing these last 3 months doesn't it.

Naff all. Between Don't Know and Don't Know Or Care, what chance did we have?

Without turning this into a manager thread rather than Sanchez.

You could easily say that Lambert was coaching Sanchez for 6 months and never got this kind of performance out of him so what was he also doing?

Today Sanchez was good and I hope he keeps on like this.

Edited by mikeyp102

I still saw Sanchez play things a little too tentative at times, and you just kind of hope it doesn't turn into something terrible as a result when it happens. There are times when he ball watches and times when he tries to finesse a situation when a thumping clearance is required. 

Hope Remi can fine tune Sanchez, cuz we need him.

I think Sherwood tried him as a box to box player and he just isnt suited to it. As the anchor.. he just did his role.. win the ball and give it to the other lads. Had more options with Gana and Veretout and Gil around which didnt force him to make an awful pass.

• Like 1

get bodies close to him and give him options when he's in possession. 

Thats what has been wrong with his performances....fix it like Remi did.....and thats what you get a Colombian international who can mark messi out of a game.

Â