Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He needs to improve as well to be fair.

He looked great in the last game, but his problem has neve rbeen ability, it's been consistency.
If he can add consistency then he'll be great player. But up until now he's been a 9/10 in one game followed by a 3/10 in the next.

I understand what you mean, but in some cases he has been criticised unfairly imo

all players at our level have consistency problems, it can come from playing in a team that is inconsistent in terms of good results.....I don't recall him having any 3/10's in any games....I would be more inclined to say 5/10 -8/10 in his performances.

it is interesting how he does so well playing against  top talent when playing for Columbia.

......but hey, it's your call.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He needs to improve as well to be fair.

He looked great in the last game, but his problem has neve rbeen ability, it's been consistency.
If he can add consistency then he'll be great player. But up until now he's been a 9/10 in one game followed by a 3/10 in the next.

I understand what you mean, but in some cases he has been criticised unfairly imo

all players at our level have consistency problems, it can come from playing in a team that is inconsistent in terms of good results.....I don't recall him having any 3/10's in any games....I would be more inclined to say 5/10 -8/10 in his performances.

it is interesting how he does so well playing against  top talent when playing for Columbia.

If I have implied that he is great in every game that is not what I meant and he has made mistakes, no doubt.

some players are not really good but are playing well, some players are good, but not really playing well and as you mentioned down to consistency.

i have felt for some time that Sanchez is a good player who at times gets played in to trouble.....he is not blameless and he can be the architect of his own problems, but I have seen him overrun and he gets the blame unfairly IMO.

DM's are a different breed to creative midfielders and need to be appraised as such.

i

On 14/11/2015, 10:53:21, TRO said:

If I have implied that he is great in every game that is not what I meant and he has made mistakes, no doubt.

some players are not really good but are playing well, some players are good, but not really playing well and as you mentioned down to consistency.

i have felt for some time that Sanchez is a good player who at times gets played in to trouble.....he is not blameless and he can be the architect of his own problems, but I have seen him overrun and he gets the blame unfairly IMO.

DM's are a different breed to creative midfielders and need to be appraised as such.

i

Remember Arsenal away last season? 

Probably one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a midfielder. 3/10 is generous for that.

I think we pretty much agree with each other though. I do think he's a good player too, I was just uncomfortable with the implication that it's not his fault and it's been everyone else who's let him down. He's certainly been to blame plenty of times, but hopefully with a real manager in charge as oppose to the last imposter he can add consistency to his game.

If anybody didn't realise it before then please look at that first half. Without this guy protecting are defence we will lose every game.

Thank god the internationals are over with..... the next poster to say he is not good for us needs to be taken away and sedated... IMO!!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2015, 4:55:06, Texas_Mike said:

If anybody didn't realise it before then please look at that first half. Without this guy protecting are defence we will lose every game.

Thank god the internationals are over with..... the next poster to say he is not good for us needs to be taken away and sedated... IMO!!

He's very good for us, every now and then.

Hopefully Remi can get some consistency out of him, because I agree with him at his best then we're a much better team

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He's been consistently good for us this season.  The Jekyll and Hyde stuff hasn't been seen since last season.

He hasn't though, he's been terrible in some games. Giving the ball away, getting caught in possession, fatigued after 60mins. He's up and down like a rollercoaster and you never know what you are going to get from him.

He needs movement and confidence from players around him to allow him to play the ball.

He gave some hideous hospitals in the Everton game, but in his defence, there often wasn't many great options for him.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He needs movement and confidence from players around him to allow him to play the ball.

He gave some hideous hospitals in the Everton game, but in his defence, there often wasn't many great options for him.

To be honest he's just a bad passer. Takes to long to pass and when he does he gives it away far, far too often. Not sure who's passing was worse, his or Nigel Reo-Cokers.

Well you have to cut those 'hideous hospitals' out of your game ;)

For me his job is to sit in front of the defence, hustle, win the ball and move it to the nearest Villa shirt with minimal risk and it's a role desperately required in our team at the moment.

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

To be honest he's just a bad passer. Takes to long to pass and when he does he gives it away far, far too often. Not sure who's passing was worse, his or Nigel Reo-Cokers.

Hilarious to think NRC got played at right back.  That's akin to putting Sanchez there now!  MON was as mental as Sherwood in some respects.

Â