Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He has had a strange Villa career, first we were all delighted that we had a LB that could defend after Luna, then we realised that whilst he was a good defender he was rubbish going forward so needed to be replaced. Then we got stuck with Richardson and realised that a defender that primarily defends isn't a bad idea after all. 

I wasn't to upset to see him leave, but now i'm delighted he is back. 

Despite hardly playing at Porto, I can imagine in training there he probably had a bit more practice putting crosses in and generally going forward, seeing as they're in a 3 horse race in Portugal. We might see the benefit of that as he didn't do too badly in the attacking half tonight, and obviously he can defend, which our other options can't.

great defensively, so solid and wont be bullied. Going forward he's never going to beat his man on the outside using skill and trickery BUT he protects the ball well till he gets support in that position and largely uses the ball well. Big fan of his, keep it up Aly

• Like 1

Well, what a f****** surprise.
He never did badly when he was here and loaning him out is a glowing indictment of how poorly this club is being run.

He's an athletic, strong, middle of the road defender. Something we're crying out for. He may not be the best going forward but Kieran Richardson isn't the best at anything.

Welcome back, Aly.

• Like 1

On 13 January 2016 at 10:21, Delphinho123 said:

Well, what a f****** surprise.
He never did badly when he was here and loaning him out is a glowing indictment of how poorly this club is being run.

He's an athletic, strong, middle of the road defender. Something we're crying out for. He may not be the best going forward but Kieran Richardson isn't the best at anything.

Welcome back, Aly.

Did he actually play a single match under Sherwood?  I can't remember but he did seem to vanish.  I wonder whether Amavi may switch to the right as he does for France Under 21s or perhaps will end up further forward.  Good to have Aly back anyway, I hope he continues to play well.

Like a new signing.

A good one. Wish he'd been around this season when Amavi was settling and injured. An excellent backup and not a half bad starter. Great attitude.

Â