Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He was very solid yesterday. What you don't see on TV is all the work he did keeping the LW quiet. Swansea had 2 players who posed a problem. One was Sigurdsen the other was Barrow the LW. He also attacked quite well so overall a good performance. You will always give away free kicks against such a fast winger but over the 90 min how many chances did Barrow create. I'll have to watch it back on TV as from where I stood I thought he was a contender for MOTM. It's a joke that Sherwood chose to pick Richardson over him!! He's a better player and would also have helped the newer French lads integrate so on another Sherwood mistake. 

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He was very solid yesterday. What you don't see on TV is all the work he did keeping the LW quiet. Swansea had 2 players who posed a problem. One was Sigurdsen the other was Barrow the LW. He also attacked quite well so overall a good performance. You will always give away free kicks against such a fast winger but over the 90 min how many chances did Barrow create. I'll have to watch it back on TV as from where I stood I thought he was a contender for MOTM. 

What the actual ****?

He literally couldn't control the ball, pass the ball or anything. He was absolutely hopeless.

Edited by Woodytom

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

What the actual ****?

He literally couldn't control the ball, pass the ball or anything. He was absolutely hopeless.

Well seeing as a number of posters have also said he played well we will agree to disagree. He kept one of their main threats very quiet for the whole game!! I actually thought the whole defence played well and I dont think they had a shot on goal apart from the goal so I'd say the stats back that up aswell! 

2 hours ago, AndyBM said:

complete opposite of opinions from the top to the bottom of this page, it makes us non the wiser as to whether he is a player that will be kept or booted.

a player that can obviously perform to a reasonably high standard, when his head is in the game, but makes the worst possible mistakes when it isnt.

amavi its a pity and i hope we keep him next season, aly is a good player, im interested to see bennett back now that hes beefed up (i said years ago this is what he needed to do), and with the emergence of kinsella, i dont see us going into the championship with 4 left backs.

LOL, the guy is on loan at Kidderminster at the bottom of the Vanarama National League and has a terrible attitude. He should be free-transferred with prejudice. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

poor player, better than Richardson but nothing amazing. Looks very sluggish. 

Yes - this.

Looks slow - for a fullback seems to let people get crosses in far too easily and should have been sent off yesterday.

6 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He was very solid yesterday. What you don't see on TV is all the work he did keeping the LW quiet. Swansea had 2 players who posed a problem. One was Sigurdsen the other was Barrow the LW. He also attacked quite well so overall a good performance. You will always give away free kicks against such a fast winger but over the 90 min how many chances did Barrow create. I'll have to watch it back on TV as from where I stood I thought he was a contender for MOTM. It's a joke that Sherwood chose to pick Richardson over him!! He's a better player and would also have helped the newer French lads integrate so on another Sherwood mistake. 

Barrow is one of the worst wingers in the league

I think Cissokho is OK, nothing more nothing less and would be OK in the Championship.  Problem we have here is that there is probably at least 15 players that I would want to shift before him in the close season, so we may as well consider keeping some?  We are simply not going to get rid of 20/25 players, although I would love it if we did.  

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we keep Amavi then there's no way we have someone on his wage sitting on the bench to be reserve left back, it's as simple as that.

Would agree with you here, but when is Amavi going to be fit?  Surely not for the start of next season is he?  Cissokho could do a job until January at least.  There is simply much more crap to shift first. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â