Aly Cissokho

samjp26

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I doubt he will just walk straight back into the side

He's hardly played for porto has he who knows what condition he will be in

There's not much point bringing him back if it's going to take him ages to get up to speed. Half the season has already gone. 

Mind you, we are the club who signed Tiago **** Ilori on loan, so don't put it past us to launch secret-weapon Cissokho on the final day of the season. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

New Year isn't it so guess Sunderland away would be first game he's eligible for.

Can be anytime if both Porto and Villa agree (this isn't FM), I just figured we would try ASAP...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2015 at 11:54, Mantis said:

He's not great but he's miles better than anything else we have there with Amavi out.

To be honest as good as Amavi was, he wasn't that great defensively, prone to the same errors/lapses of concentration all of our current defence but he had huge potential. I would have played Cissokho ahead of Amavi for defensive solidity when Amavi was fit. But i would also have played Amavi further up the pitch.

Edited by VillanousOne

I think Bacuna's done ok at left back, but he has absolutely zero ability with his left foot, whch means he's really limited up the pitch unless he cuts inside.

Cissokho is no world beater but I'd have him back in as soon as possible.

• Like 2

But our next fixture is january 2nd so he can play! so its up to garde whether to throw him straight in. i suspect he will be on the bench as he will give bacuna another opportuniyu. hopefully this signals the end of riachardsons time here

• Like 1

Â