Aly Cissokho

samjp26

I thought he looked fantastic today. Really strong defensively and he put in a few good crosses with some good shots as well. Crazy how good he looks under Remi Garde. Honestly if he keeps playing like this, then Amavi will find it hard to get back into the team. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I thought he looked fantastic today. Really strong defensively and he put in a few good crosses with some good shots as well. Crazy how good he looks under Remi Garde. Honestly if he keeps playing like this, then Amavi will find it hard to get back into the team. 

disagree , ball into the box , or lack of it , woeful

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Haven't felt as nervous with a Villa fullback on the ball since Delaney.

Had a couple of good shots and a couple of good touches... but just as many woeful touches and poor crosses.

Richardson!?

They were really good on Tuesday.

Surely the most important thing is how good he is defending one on one, we hardly saw Mahrez although that might be in part to him losing confidence after the penalty miss.

Think of the jokers we've had at LB who get skinned time and again there since Bouma and I'm happy with a solid, no frills player in that position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think of the jokers we've had at LB who get skinned time and again there since Bouma and I'm happy with a solid, no frills player in that position.

I agree. I think defensively he is the best left back we have had since Bouma. Going forward he is clearly lacking though but I'd take that over Richardson who is better going forward but a liability at the back.

Fair play to Aly he has slotted in with no fuss and instantly put a real shift in and is a big reason we have looked more solid.

• Like 2

He is a good defender but he is very limited going forwards; Quick burst forward then stops dead for a 2 yard side/back pass. 

Its the same old player, hes solid but will kill any quick break dead. It wont take managers long to realise this too.

Nowhere near Amavi for me!

The first job of a defender is defending, being good at attacking is definitely helpful but not being a complete liability is more important. His attacking play yesterday was good enough, not great but good enough and caused Ranieri to bring De Leat on for Mahrez.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The first job of a defender is defending, being good at attacking is definitely helpful but not being a complete liability is more important. His attacking play yesterday was good enough, not great but good enough and caused Ranieri to bring De Leat on for Mahrez.

This is the key point, really. Tony Pulis manages to get wins despite having Craig Dawson as a full-back. The lack of creativity in the team is primarily a midfield problem. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

His crossing is terrible, but given how shit our leftbacks have been at defending recently, I don't really care. He's fine for now.

True, he hit a couple of decent shots though.  I think I'd rather he just went for goal whenever he ventured forward, his crossing is that bad.  The strikers are more likely to get on the end of a rebound than from a cross.

I really do disagree about Richardson being better than Cissokho offensively.

Richardson is possibly the worst player I've seen down Villa.

Edit: Just had a think and Kieran doesn't take the prize but he's definitely up there. 

Edited by myko

10 minutes ago, myko said:

I really do disagree about Richardson being better than Cissokho defensively.

I don't think anybody has said Richardson is better than Cissokho defensively.

• 3 weeks later...

He's OK defensively. OK.

Full backs these days get so much of the ball, they just have to provide something going forward. On the ball, he's like a keeper on one of those old Pro Evo games.

Cumbersome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

had a bit of a mare tonight from what I saw

Did he?

I thought he and the rest of defence were pretty good given the circumstances.
He possibly got dragged inside for their first goal. Apart from that not sure he did much wrong.

• Like 1

Â