Aly Cissokho

samjp26

What a great debut, he played exactly as the reports said, excellent on one on one situations and also got forward well.

Looks like he could be a bargain but then again Luna looked great v Arsenal this time last year.

The difference is that Cissokho is a player that's been there and done it, he's played at the top level in the cl for lyon, I think he's a great player and have done for a number of years

Yes and I think that's the difference.

I haven't been sold on all our signings but the likes of Senderos and Cole have played in so many big games in the champions league and world cup that somewhere like Stoke away won't faze them so I'd like to think our mentality will improve throughout the team and we won't just collapse at the sign of danger as has frequently been the case over the last few seasons.

• Like 1

What a great debut, he played exactly as the reports said, excellent on one on one situations and also got forward well.

Looks like he could be a bargain but then again Luna looked great v Arsenal this time last year.

The difference is that Cissokho is a player that's been there and done it, he's played at the top level in the cl for lyon, I think he's a great player and have done for a number of years

Yes and I think that's the difference.

I haven't been sold on all our signings but the likes of Senderos and Cole have played in so many big games in the champions league and world cup that somewhere like Stoke away won't faze them so I'd like to think our mentality will improve throughout the team and we won't just collapse at the sign of danger as has frequently been the case over the last few seasons.

Good point.

Maybe we can finally beat United at home this season?

I'd have fancied us to get a draw against Man. United today with the team they put out.

No doubt when we play them RVP and Rooney will be firing in hattricks and all their SHA loanees polluting their first 11 will be sent packing to league one.

I'd have fancied us to get a draw against Man. United today with the team they put out.

No doubt when we play them RVP and Rooney will be firing in hattricks and all their SHA loanees polluting their first 11 will be sent packing to league one.

And their youth prospect that only a few people had previously heard of will score a goal to win it that his reputation will dine on for years, and we'll have to see in replays of it for the rest of our lives. He might also one day go on to single handedly keep Blues up one season, just to rub it in too.

There was a moment in the first half where Bojan ran at him and he just completely shut him down with his strength. After that Bojan immediately moved to the middle and left. I think it was the first time in years a team had to avoid the left side of our defense.

• Like 1

Cissokho, like Senderos, probably wants to prove he's good enough for this league whilst the press have wrote him off as a complete flop.

Good on the lad.

The whole team has been written off by the media and outsiders. I hope we can prove everybody wrong this season as a team and finish in the top 10.

There was a moment in the first half where Bojan ran at him and he just completely shut him down with his strength. After that Bojan immediately moved to the middle and left. I think it was the first time in years a team had to avoid the left side of our defense.

I really hope we can become the kind of team that people just don't like coming up against. Man for man and as a team in general...

For too long in recent times we've been THE team to face to break your duck or end a winless streak. We look as though we've got a good solid, strong back 4 now and hopefully with the added commitment and resiliance from the players, plus just that extra bit of quality, we'll stop rolling over and letting any old shit take the piss out of us!

...We'll still conspire to lose to United though.

I really hope we can become the kind of team that people just don't like coming up against. Man for man and as a team in general...

For too long in recent times we've been THE team to face to break your duck or end a winless streak. We look as though we've got a good solid, strong back 4 now and hopefully with the added commitment and resiliance from the players, plus just that extra bit of quality, we'll stop rolling over and letting any old shit take the piss out of us!

...We'll still conspire to lose to United though.

THIS, exactly this!

I absolutely love that we're not a "nice team" anymore and the pictures of Lambo/Keane having a pop at officials just compounds that!

Â