Roy Keane

TrentVilla

To be honest, I thought the whole Keane signing started well but then became a sideshow circus with the 'beard' thing and his book.

He's no great loss and this gives us an opportunity to bring in a decent assistant. I like the idea of Laursen to come back but would love someone who can coach attacking play!

My feeling having read through the posts about this is that he had been struggling for a while with coping with his Villa role, Ireland role & family life and with all the negativity surrounding the club and his book launch etc it was probably a case of him just having had enough and wanting more time back. As we all know he had already hinted at this in previous comments about possibly quitting if he couldn't cope with all those roles. Don't underestimate the work load involved with a major book launch either so it was like 4 things he was juggling or even 5 if you include the TV opportunities etc.

John's right though in his post above when he says it's all about who replaced him now..Interesting 

Keane went for then reasons I've stated, he offered to stay until a replacement was appointed but was allowed to go on order to put his family first.

No fights, bust ups or secret stories to this no matter what some may claim.

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that Lambert said he'd only just heard. You'd think he would have been party to any decision.

Whatever, it's the about the most unsurprising piece of news coming out of VP for years. Good riddance.

Why would someone make up a story about a training ground bust up?  It's just stilly.  We already have enough awful things going on at the club without people shit stirring.

Some people love the drama, even if it's about their own club.

• Like 2

The timing of his departure leads me to be suspicious, hardly makes sense to be let go on the eve of a game does it.?  I wouldn't at all be surprised if there is more to this story than is being made out, guess we will have to wait for his next book to find out...

It's not a random person that came up with the 'bust up' rumour anyway. It was from Johnny Gould who has clear links to the club as was evident with his exclusive over Tom Fox. Not saying he's therefore definitely correct but it can't instantly dismissed as 'shit-stirring' either.

the club have denied a bust-up. I think after the hotel incident before the Scotland game maybe somebody maybe MON or FAI  have advised him to stay away from limelight for a bit which might be a good thing and with Ireland not playing for 4 months he can take a break

Would he have walked away had we been doing well? Would he ****.

IMO he came here thinking a few days in Birmingham to help a team doing badly would be a doddle for a man who's winning mentality is second to none, instead he's found a team on its arse with knob all going for it without benteke so he did one before it got messy.

• Like 1

Â