Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I get the feeling he was sacked rather then quit on his own accord. He had a bust up with Gabby and presumably other players so something else must have happened.

LOL to anyone who thinks it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Quitting on the eve of an important game and over 3 months to an Ireland game. Not even Keane is that unprofessional and stupid. No way was it because of that.

That seems an odd thing to say. How do you know it wasn't because of that? Family comes first, and if there were issues he might have needed to address, the Villa job would be the first one to go - specifically FOR the reason that there's no Ireland game for so long

On another note, If we lose against Burnley will this have bought Lambert more time?

Edited by P3te

I get the feeling he was sacked rather then quit on his own accord. He had a bust up with Gabby and presumably other players so something else must have happened.

LOL to anyone who thinks it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Quitting on the eve of an important game and over 3 months to an Ireland game. Not even Keane is that unprofessional and stupid. No way was it because of that.

That seems an odd thing to say. How do you know it wasn't because of that? Family comes first, and if there were issues he might have needed to address, the Villa job would be the first one to go - specifically FOR the reason that there's no Ireland game for so long

On another note, If we lose against Burnley will this have bought Lambert more time?

Quite probably. If there was ever a reason to play boring, defensive hoofball and not win a game it is because your assistant manager just quit. We go again.  :)

Gone due to family reasons I'm told before people claim it's due to a fall out.

Why have the club not said that? Seems more reasonable than not being able to handle two roles when Ireland don't play for 4 months.
Perhaps they need or want privacy for some reason I don't know but I'm reliable told that is why it's happened.

But people are free to believe the guff about people witnessing a bust up if they wish.

I don't believe a conspiracy theory but I noticed a couple of journalists on twitter have mentioned its strange. The family reason is a fair one that can't be argued with.

I didn't mean you personally by the way I just meant in general.

Word from the training ground is that a number of "senior players" had complained about his attitude and were blaming him for certain "issues" within the camp ..... but I have no idea what they are.

It definitely is NOT a move that has anything to do with Ireland ..... he was pushed !

Not true.

Well now lets see what Mr Fox is about, bring in a top quality coach and things may just improve, bring in a no-mark replacement and relegation beckons........over to you Tom.

Tickover Tom ? - Hell appoint either appoint Given or Cowans 

This stuff about bust up's, training ground incidents and the things people are claiming to have witnessed are frankly figments of someone's imagination they just didn't happen. It baffles me why people make this stuff up about their own club.

I'm not interested in kudos for being ITK or any of that rubbish, not least because I'm not personally ITK but I do get a fair bit of extremely reliable info as has been shown previously.

Keane went for then reasons I've stated, he offered to stay until a replacement was appointed but was allowed to go on order to put his family first.

No fights, bust ups or secret stories to this no matter what some may claim.

Trents pretty reliable - but equally Keane may have given those as his reasons - but the poor results and the club standing by Lambo could have also been factors - my feeling is (without a shred of evidence !) that he wouldn't have quit had things been going well...

He quite clearly contributed nothing as a coach as there is nothing the team have improved on since last season. Saying that, that's the only type that Lambert will want working alongside him, so expect more of the same with his successor.

Edited by Isa

This stuff about bust up's, training ground incidents and the things people are claiming to have witnessed are frankly figments of someone's imagination they just didn't happen. It baffles me why people make this stuff up about their own club.

I'm not interested in kudos for being ITK or any of that rubbish, not least because I'm not personally ITK but I do get a fair bit of extremely reliable info as has been shown previously.

Keane went for then reasons I've stated, he offered to stay until a replacement was appointed but was allowed to go on order to put his family first.

No fights, bust ups or secret stories to this no matter what some may claim.

Trents pretty reliable - but equally Keane may have given those as his reasons - but the poor results and the club standing by Lambo could have also been factors - my feeling is (without a shred of evidence !) that he wouldn't have quit had things been going well...

Maybe or maybe not I guess nobody can answer that one other than perhaps Keane I certainly can't.

All I can do is pass on what I'm reliable told to try and keep informed as best I can and try and stop some of the BS that gets made up at times like this.

:lol:

I imagine some of your approaches to everyday life must be hilarious.

"These cornflakes are the worst cornflakes I've seen in my time eating breakfast. It's obvious there's been a massive falling out in the Kellogg factory. Breakfast is becoming a joke. Lambert out. "

• Like 3

my feeling is (without a shred of evidence !) that he wouldn't have quit had things been going well...

I'm sure the Villa job was certainly an easier one to walk away from than had we been say top eight and everything was going along nicely.

He doesn't appear to have had a major impact as many of the performances have been as poor as they were in the second half of last season. If he was just towing the line and doing as Lambert instructed though then I guess the impact any assistant can have is minimal.

I have no reason to disbelieve the reason given. However I guess it may also have crossed Keanes mind that being associated with a struggling side being portrayed as a club in crisis in many media outlets was doing nothing to enhance a reputation that had already been on the decline.

Â