Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Gone due to family reasons I'm told before people claim it's due to a fall out.

Why have the club not said that? Seems more reasonable than not being able to handle two roles when Ireland don't play for 4 months.
Perhaps they need or want privacy for some reason I don't know but I'm reliable told that is why it's happened.

But people are free to believe the guff about people witnessing a bust up if they wish.

I don't believe a conspiracy theory but I noticed a couple of journalists on twitter have mentioned its strange. The family reason is a fair one that can't be argued with.

I'm all for the passion that like of Laursen and Mellberg would bring, but I'd rather see someone with some tactical nous be brought in.

Hence, my call for Meulensteen.

Absolutely this. I get the sentiment and the calls for Cowans, Laursen, Mellberg etc, but is people with actual recognised coaching ability we need, not just someone who 'loves the club'

I'm another for Meulensteen or someone like Mike Phelan

• Like 1

One started on Sky.  That bastion for researching facts

Cue conspiracy club in crisis theories and people ever more willing to talk the club down

And whats your view on this Richard?

Our first team coach leaves at the beginning of our busiest calendar month of the year.

What do you think of the coaching situation at our club?

we need a new one

One??  Is it not more like 2 or 3?

well one has left so you'd think we need to replace him

Only if you thought our coaching situation was adequate. It isn't and this is reflected in how clueless our players look at times. We are a mess at the moment.

Edited by Villastine

meulensteen who managed in the prem last season and before that was an assistant at utd? no chance, he'd want a managers job at a guess, he's currently a consultant at philadelphia union which probably isnt a bad life

phelan maybe but i thought he'd gone for a few interviews for championship managers roles (for some reason i thought blues had interviewed him) so again im not sure hed want it

the only reason for either of those 2 joining us would be the same reason i thought keane had joined us, the impression that lambert on thin ice and expected to be a caretaker manager by christmas

Word from the training ground is that a number of "senior players" had complained about his attitude and were blaming him for certain "issues" within the camp ..... but I have no idea what they are.

It definitely is NOT a move that has anything to do with Ireland ..... he was pushed ! 

meulensteen who managed in the prem last season and before that was an assistant at utd? no chance, he'd want a managers job at a guess, he's currently a consultant at philadelphia union which probably isnt a bad life

phelan maybe but i thought he'd gone for a few interviews for championship managers roles (for some reason i thought blues had interviewed him) so again im not sure hed want it

the only reason for either of those 2 joining us would be the same reason i thought keane had joined us, the impression that lambert on thin ice and expected to be a caretaker manager by christmas

I think that I saw Phelan at Norwich in a coaching role on our local news channel earlier this week. I was in the gym at the time, and relying on subtitles though so it may not be a reliable account of what was said.

I would guess that Lambert wouldn't want to appoint Meulensteen, for the reason that he is a likely candidate to take over from him. See Jol and Meulensteen at Fulham.

Word from the training ground is that a number of "senior players" had complained about his attitude and were blaming him for certain "issues" within the camp ..... but I have no idea what they are.

It definitely is NOT a move that has anything to do with Ireland ..... he was pushed ! 

same senior players that complained about Karsa and Culverhouse, starting to feel familiar now

I think that I saw Phelan at Norwich in a coaching role on our local news channel earlier this week. I was in the gym at the time, and relying on subtitles though so it may not be a reliable account of what was said.

I would guess that Lambert wouldn't want to appoint Meulensteen, for the reason that he is a likely candidate to take over from him. See Jol and Meulensteen at Fulham.

That's what everybody said about Keane.

• Like 1

I get the feeling he was sacked rather then quit on his own accord. He had a bust up with Gabby and presumably other players so something else must have happened.

LOL to anyone who thinks it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Quitting on the eve of an important game and over 3 months to an Ireland game. Not even Keane is that unprofessional and stupid. No way was it because of that.

Edited by donnie

I cannot see Gabby standing up to Keane as there would only ever be one winner. Given Ireland do not have a flood of games coming up that reason also does not stand up unless it is linked with a need to spend more time at home due to family issues.

But it was his choice to go or if it was not it is water under the bridge now and like many that leave us we may not find out why any time soon.

The issue now is not Roy but getting someone in quickly who will improve us.   

Â