Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Baffled to be honest, at least he got his book publicity sorted. Things really aren't good at all for our club :(

Why baffled? Most could see this day coming from the second he was appointed.

The only question was, would it be before or after Christmas.

Edited by andyh

Cue conspiracy club in crisis theories and people ever more willing to talk the club down

I think if this was another club most villa fans would be doing just that and to be honest looking at what is out in the public domain you cannot really blame people.

I appreciate you will know more than me about what is going on inside the club which will mean you have a different viewpoint.

Completely understandable given his situation with Ireland and this apparent family crisis/reason.  However, we should have never put ourselves in this position.  What was the point of hiring someone that was only ever going to stay short term and stated from outset that he would resign if it got too much. 

Cue conspiracy club in crisis theories and people ever more willing to talk the club down

And whats your view on this Richard?

Our first team coach leaves at the beginning of our busiest calendar month of the year.

What do you think of the coaching situation at our club?

I think if this was another club most villa fans would be doing just that and to be honest looking at what is out in the public domain you cannot really blame people.

I appreciate you will know more than me about what is going on inside the club which will mean you have a different viewpoint.

Yes and I can see that.  Just that there is a lot of negativity around the club right now and it is the sort that feeds on itself a little.  I understand the results and performances are not good and to get a few decent wins,  goals even ,  would help.  Just that I do see a lot of people quick to talk the club down and almost seem to revel in bad news

I wouldn't say the club is in crisis, however, there has been very little over the last few years to suggest that we aren't heading in that direction.

5 seasons of relegation flirtation indicates otherwise.

Our first team coach leaves at the beginning of our busiest calendar month of the year.

we need a new one

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the club is in crisis, however, there has been very little over the last few years to suggest that we aren't heading in that direction.

5 seasons of relegation flirtation indicates otherwise.

Indicates that we aren't heading toward a crisis?

Completely understandable given his situation with Ireland and this apparent family crisis/reason.  However, we should have never put ourselves in this position.  What was the point of hiring someone that was only ever going to stay short term and stated from outset that he would resign if it got too much. 

No it is not completely understandable. If he left for the stated reasons, he owed the club and Lambert the loyalty to stay for the December/early January fixtures.

I’m sure even Keane would have higher standards so I’m guessing there may be more to the story.

we need a new one

One??  Is it not more like 2 or 3?

This club has been crisis since the day MON walked out. 

I so want to be positive about Villa.  I am a positive person but something needs to happen on the pitch or off the pitch to make me positive. It's very difficult to be positive right now.

Gheorghe Hagi to be our new assistant manager - creative, attacking football to follow.  Keep the faith! :D

• Like 1

Â