Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Well Done, Phil. A very good performance today. Calm, solid, kept things simple and looked to have a good understanding between himself and Vlaar. Maybe this could turn out to be an effective pairing? It'd be brilliant to know that we have a good, reliable partnership in the middle of defence, and this is even before Okore returns to the first team. Perhaps our defence might actually be quite tough this year!

Still think he has a mistake in him.

However, he played well and does the donkey work which Vlaar doesn't like doing which is why I thought he get a starting role.

I think it's a point...he always has a mistake in him, but the players he's replaced had 4 or 5 a game in them.

• Like 3

Delighted he played so well today. During preseason there was a distinctly underwhelming response to his name being announced for the line-ups, but I hope he (and all the players) get a great reception at VP on Saturday.

His place to lose in the back 4 now, but wonder if Lambert will tinker with a back 3 at some point?

Delighted he played so well today. During preseason there was a distinctly underwhelming response to his name being announced for the line-ups, but I hope he (and all the players) get a great reception at VP on Saturday.

His place to lose in the back 4 now, but wonder if Lambert will tinker with a back 3 at some point?

Could do but if Sanchez comes in at DM then I think he'll stick with the flat back 4. He can do the covering job if we are going to have Hutton and Cissokho going forward a lot. It looks like Vlaar and Senderos have just clicked with each other, hopefully we can hold on to Ron and have some stability. Then we don't have to rush Okore back or shit ourselves with Baker.

Â