Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Swiss full back Rodrieguez really impressed me so imagine he got a decent mark.

Senderos ain't great everyone knows that and you're in denial if you think he's going to be rock solid as he certainly wasn't for Fulham which I'd say is a good indication of his current ability but hopefully Vlaar will stay, Okore will stay fit and his appearences will be kept to the minimu,

Yeah right, Vlaar will be taking Christmas off, Baker gets injured almost every game, Clarke misses more than his fair share and Okore hasn't exactly proved to be injury free so far.

Point being we may have the worst player in the WC lining up more often than we would like, thanks Randy.

Ah! A Norwegian Newspaper is the way we should assess all players regarding their performance as surely they couldn't be wrong could they? And it's totally right to grade players on one performance isn't it?

• Like 1

I am as apprehensive as the next Villa fan about this signing but, it's his Villa performances that I care about, not his Swiss performances. I agree he's been poor for other teams but he might play well for us, hopefully.

Besides all the above, I actually think that Clark will up his game this season. He's got Okore back fit, a new signing in Senderos and, his Ireland number two at the club. I think (hope) Vlaar and Okore will be two of a back three. The other player will be between Clark and Senderos IMO.

Is he better than Baker? Yes

Is he better than Clark? Probably

Is he more experienced than both of them combined? Yes

Is he going to be first choice? No

Is he going to be second choice? Doubt it

Is he a good signing considering our current constraints and other options available at 3&4? I think so yeah.

P.S Sorry for talking like a moron!

• Like 2

Rated as the World Cup's worst player (which makes him no. 515/515)  in norwegian newspaper Nettavisen today; his rating being 2/10. Only player with a rating lower than 3. James Rodriguez no. 1 with a rating of 7.75/10.

Haven't seen any of Switzerlands matches, so I guess he has only played one match? Can't believe he's got 2/10 in more than one match.

Did they not see Steven Gerrard, Iker Casillas, Diego Costa play?

Rated as the World Cup's worst player (which makes him no. 515/515)  in norwegian newspaper Nettavisen today; his rating being 2/10. Only player with a rating lower than 3. James Rodriguez no. 1 with a rating of 7.75/10.

Haven't seen any of Switzerlands matches, so I guess he has only played one match? Can't believe he's got 2/10 in more than one match.

Sadly yes they did.

Ah! A Norwegian Newspaper is the way we should assess all players regarding their performance as surely they couldn't be wrong could they? And it's totally right to grade players on one performance isn't it?

What about over a nine-year stint in the Premier League?

That's fine, but that's not what the Norwegian Newspaper did. World Cups don't last that long.

That's fine, but that's not what the Norwegian Newspaper did. World Cups don't last that long.

I thought he was referring to the posters that had commented on his World Cup performances in the emboldened bit. My bad.

i think they got their info from FIFA's statistical system Castrol Index, as the same story has been run in the swedish press citing that as their source. Should be noted that joe hart, gerrard pique and fabio contreau got the same ammount of points as senderos.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also throw in the whole Brazilian defence apart from Silva. 

Cahill and Jagelka looked no better than Phil.

Plus my last is best (or worst) Chris Smalling! He makes Baker look like Baresi.

Senderos isn't great but there are worse out there?

And remind me at which stage the Norweigen team got knocked out in Brazil??

Â