Philippe Senderos

samjp26

He wasn't exposed yesterday by his lack of pace. He may be against quicker forwards particularly at home when we are pressing a game. Thats my big doubt about him and why I will reserve judgement until he's played a few games. 

Diouf is a quick striker, however we never allowed them to get behind due to the organisation of the back line. Add in Sanchez and there is a bit of steel being added to it. But it'll be a different test against Newcastle.

Newcastle will be a tough test. I watched them against Citeh last night and they have real pace and trickery in Riviere and Cabella.

The back 4 will need to be at the races on Saturday.

He had a few dodgy moments Today, but unlike Clark and Baker, he adequately recovered from his dodgy moments, and subsequently put decent passes forward to Villa players. Had Clark or Baker been on the pitch, these blunders would have resulted in opposition chances.

Senderos is a bit clumsy on the ball, Okore should always be first choice, but Senderos is a way better option than Clark and Baker.

I really like Jorres, but Senderos has been very solid with Vlaar. Okore will have to play very very well to get in to the team.

its not always about the individual, its sometimes more about the formidable partnership they form.

the game is all about two's,except the goalie....its these little partnerships that are the most important.

• Like 1

As solid as Senderos and the back four look, I can't help but think this is Villa and having not really played anyone yet, it is only a matter of time until the floodgates open. Basically, we're setting a standard that we just will not keep up.

As solid as Senderos and the back four look, I can't help but think this is Villa and having not really played anyone yet, it is only a matter of time until the floodgates open. Basically, we're setting a standard that we just will not keep up.

that is an unbelievably negative way to look at 2 clean sheets in a row to start the season.
  • Like 2

that is an unbelievably negative way to look at 2 clean sheets in a row to start the season.

I've read it again and I can't believe what he's written.

Â