Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Its great he had a good game. Like many I've been a bit worried about the signing and like with Cissokho & Hutton its early days but a superb start. I'm sure a solid defence will only help with confidence throughout the team including in an attacking sense.

My mindset on Senderos actually changed in the morning when Soccer AM took the piss out if him. He's Villa now and one of us, hope he continues to prove everyone wrong.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

Late and most people would've pointed out similar, but Senderos was great yesterday and (perhaps more importantly) that back 4 of Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar and Cissokho were SO solid.  I can't remember seeing such a strong defensive display from us.

Nice to see two experienced CB's within our back four yesterday - massive display from both who each look sharp and physically imposing (poor little Bojan!)

Senderos has had his critics but if he continues like this, it will go a long way to rectifying his 'reputation'.

I wasn't really surprised that he had a good game as he has all the ability to be a great defender. My worry is still his consistency and I'm not sure I'd want him as a starter in the long term but isn't it fantastic not having to worry about Baker or Clark at the back?

Nice to see two experienced CB's within our back four yesterday - massive display from both who each look sharp and physically imposing (poor little Bojan!)

Senderos has had his critics but if he continues like this, it will go a long way to rectifying his 'reputation'.

yep...you need experienced heads at the centre of defence ....and what a difference it made...

• Like 1

Â