New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

As a club we surely have far bigger priorities right now. The cost of rebranding everything would be immense and don’t see us considering it anytime soon.

The current badge is not that bad. It’s clean, unfussy and simple to create.

Also didn’t the club say during the Lerner years that our round badge was poor on digital platforms? Seem to remember something said about it at the time. 

The first iteration of the Lerner era badge was a peice of objectively poor design, amatuerish in the extreme. The alterations have made the current one...Kind of ok.

I wouldn't have minded us changing it again with the new owners, promotion, new era, etc. I don't see the need at this point though. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’m not that bothered, but I’d prefer it to say Aston Villa rather than AVFC. 

See this is pretty much where I’m at. I don’t love our current badge, but I don’t hate it either. This would be my one preference too.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Yawn … let it go we aren’t changing it anytime soon … This weird false nostalgia is SO boring . There is not much, if anything wrong with the new one. Quit trying to relive your childhoods. Rant over 

My childhood was in the 90's so I have no affinity or nostalgia with the round badge. I just prefer it because it looks so much better.

My main issue with the current badge is the dominant colours are yellow and blue. Where's the claret? I think it would look better if the lion was changed to claret.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Rip it up and start again. One lion might have been good enough in 1874 but England have three of them on their jersey now. Ditch them and go for something cooler, like a dinosaur.

Boom. Commercial revenue doubled.

No, we sacked Bruce several years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Yawn … let it go we aren’t changing it anytime soon … This weird false nostalgia is SO boring . There is not much, if anything wrong with the new one. Quit trying to relive your childhoods. Rant over 

Oddly aggressive way to say "I like the current badge just fine".

Not everybody is going to share your opinion and it's valid for people to express their tastes.

Look at the poll results - you're actually in the minority.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Rip it up and start again. One lion might have been good enough in 1874 but England have three of them on their jersey now. Ditch them and go for something cooler, like a dinosaur.

Boom. Commercial revenue doubled.

Boom!

61A25B38-6575-4FBA-8075-8A864C387C3D.jpeg

• Haha 2

The current one is just okay. It could certainly be vastly improved. It's much better than the original Lerner badge that was a design by committee disaster.

I'd be happy with a round badge but I don't have the nostalgia for the old round badge that a lot of Villa fans have. We've had a shield of some description for a lot more of our history. If it's round, i'd want it to be fairly slick and modern.

A few obvious points that everyone else has made: It should say Aston Villa in full. Get rid of the star. Don't have yellow on a light blue background, if the lion is to be yellow, put it on claret.

• Like 1

I know it might seem very petty, but the star representing the European Cup really annoys me.  I feel it is small time and it devalues our other great achievements - League titles, FA Cups, League Cups, Youth Cups. Notice that most other clubs do not put stars on their logo for their titles.  The ones that do like Forest and Ipswich do so as a reminder of their past glories.

Furthermore, it also does not make sense for the women's team to use that logo as the EC was an achievement of the men's side. 

7 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I know it might seem very petty, but the star representing the European Cup really annoys me.

It's one of the parts I love of the badge, just a delicate nod to the history we have without throwing it in peoples faces.  Most other rival fans wouldnt even notice it but I'm proud when I see it and what we achieved 40 years ago.

On 22/04/2014 at 15:22, GarethRDR said:

William McGregor astride a lion with "AVFC" tattooed across his chest, wielding an M41A pulse rifle in on hand and the Kurgan's broadsword in the other, all surrounded by the slogan "Here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum".

7 years on, I stand by this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The current one is just okay. It could certainly be vastly improved. It's much better than the original Lerner badge that was a design by committee disaster.

I'd be happy with a round badge but I don't have the nostalgia for the old round badge that a lot of Villa fans have. We've had a shield of some description for a lot more of our history. If it's round, i'd want it to be fairly slick and modern.

A few obvious points that everyone else has made: It should say Aston Villa in full. Get rid of the star. Don't have yellow on a light blue background, if the lion is to be yellow, put it on claret.

Personally the only thing really aggrieves me is the colour scheme. It's just awful. Switch the colours around and it'd look much better. I think it looks really good in monochrome on the second and third strips and the training gear. But light yellow on light blue? It's just a disaster.

• Like 1