New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

Fair. More just expressing exasperation that the annual whinge about the club badge and how it should be round and the fonts are wrong and it doesn’t say “Aston Villa” but “AVFC” has surfaced once again. 

We go again. 

Edit: Maybe I won’t mention that the very first post on this thread is from me 😂😂😂

Would you like a rebrand? You’re welcome.

image.jpeg.7ff978d4be32bc1881b163db4edd0ffd.jpeg

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Honestly think the Inter one is worse.

Neither are good, but the Juventus one looks like they will shortly be known as Pepsi Presents Juventus. It’s soooooo douchie.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HKP90 said:

image.thumb.png.58ab76442b9d91402918f79b7fc585d8.png

A badge like this.

ASTON at the top . VILLA at the bottom ( Or AVFC at top , PREPARED |) at Bottom. STAR above ( In this style ). Updated Rampant Lion in the Middle ( Gold/Yellow if Claret Background, Claret if Blue background ) would be mint.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

These look like products of their time for me. I get the nostalgia over the old badge but I'd want it updated if we were to go back to the round badge. 

Something like this, which was on the first page of Google results for Aston Villa logo concept:

images.png.96228cffdcfb42de2c8c9e2cbcbd2815.png

Absolutely love this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

The thing with any new version of the crest is that it will no doubt be designed so it'll be easy to print and adjust in size. It'll be less details and more streamlined. Think more Juventus/Inter/West Ham/Barcelona.

Juventus badge: The biggest redesign in football history? | The Week UK Inter Milan removes FC from badge in push to become "icon of culture" The West Ham United crest - Through the years | West Ham United Spot the difference: Barcelona have a new logo – can you find the 5  changes? - Eurosport

All of these crests are worse than the previous ones, in some cases MUCH MUCH worse (e.g. Juventus).

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

All of these crests are worse than the previous ones, in some cases MUCH MUCH worse (e.g. Juventus).

Agreed, but that's the direction clubs are moving due to practical reasons. Much easier and cheaper to print on stuff than the old more detailed crests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

These look like products of their time for me. I get the nostalgia over the old badge but I'd want it updated if we were to go back to the round badge. 

Something like this, which was on the first page of Google results for Aston Villa logo concept:

images.png.96228cffdcfb42de2c8c9e2cbcbd2815.png

Looks cheap and tacky

1 hour ago, sne said:

Agreed, but that's the direction clubs are moving due to practical reasons. Much easier and cheaper to print on stuff than the old more detailed crests.

Cheaper?? We pay upwards of 40 quid for a shirt that is made for less than a fiver in a sweatshop. How greedy do manufacturers wanna be?

I don’t think a little more quality in the fabric and detail in the badge is that much to ask for.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Cheaper?? We pay upwards of 40 quid for a shirt that is made for less than a fiver in a sweatshop. How greedy do manufacturers wanna be?

I don’t think a little more quality in the fabric and detail in the badge is that much to ask for.

Think @NurembergVillan explained the reasoning behind this a year or so ago. Might have been someone else thou.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the 'new' Juventus crest is superb. Simple, clean, modern, minimalist design. Does everything it needs to do without fuss whilst remaining instantly recognisable. 

This is where Villa should go next IMO. 

Bleuch. It looks like the crest of a team created in Milton Keynes in 2004, not a team with over 100 years of history.

Corporate thinktanking at it’s absolute worst.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Bottom right for me is almost ideal.

Top left for me. I don’t like the star being there, nor the bushy lions tail. Add the star over and outside the circle, as the Bayern badge, then when we win it again it’s easy to keep adding them up there, plenty of space.

Man City have done a great job on theirs.

I would love the old simple round ‘80s badge back.

Edited by thunderball