New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

On 13/06/2019 at 14:25, Teale's 'tache said:

I've made a few updates based on some of the suggestions here.

cnzXufY.jpg

MzantjS.jpg

QDyiIEE.jpg

9EmMGPP.jpg

Looking at that yellow lion makes me wonder what our current shield would be like if the claret and blue were switched around so that the lion stood against a claret background. That might fix the big issue I have with it which is the contrast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Looking at that yellow lion makes me wonder what our current shield would be like if the claret and blue were switched around so that the lion stood against a claret background. That might fix the big issue I have with it which is the contrast.

Indeed, that is one of my biggest problems with it.

If you want contrast, we should have a picture of Tony Xia shaking Steve Bruce’s hand overlaid with NSWE shaking Deano’s hand. Oh and throw in a lion somewhere. And a star. Would that work as a badge? 😀

• Like 1

On 14/06/2019 at 22:54, Lichfield Dean said:

I think it would look crap on a claret kit though. 

On 15/06/2019 at 08:12, Mr.Messy said:

the only thing wrong with the current badge is that it needs more stars, another two or three would  look much better⭐⭐⭐

Give it another 10 years. I hope!

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m probably in the minority but I actually like the current badge.

I'm the same.

Said it before in this thread, but since they made the tweaks a couple of seasons ago I think it looks far better. I don't have an issue with it now. And actually if you compare it with the badge we changed FROM, the old badge looks really outdated now

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it would look crap on a claret kit though. 

Yeah, I was thinking that last night actually. I'm sure there must be a way of making the lion stand out more somehow though...

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think I'd dump the star though, we get enough stick for bleating on about history and I think it's a bit small time. 

I agree with this. I never understood the clamour to have it as part of the badge. It's cringe.

• Like 2