New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

I just don’t understand why the lion is usually yellow on our badges. Just make it claret for better contrast against the blue background and it’s perfect 

Nah man. The yellow used to stand out.

E947781A-036A-4E0D-AB84-AB9CC015A938.jpeg.aa1a86e51d67510abbbe0a0cb0d01c1c.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That worked better cause of the stripes. Against a light blue background it can be difficult to distinguish what exactly it is from a distance, or if the image is smaller 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I have nostalgia for this too looked great in stitching. In fairness the only issue I have with it is the font.

It looked great in stitching until Hummel got hold of it between 2004 to 2007.  How they got away with such a poor rendering of the badge when they were the official kit supplier, I will never know.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

It stands out on Claret though, which is what I think we are saying.

If the background was claret, the gold would be perfect.

However if they insist on sticking with current background, Claret Lion would actually make sense IMO.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It stands out on Claret though, which is what I think we are saying.

If the background was claret, the gold would be perfect.

However if they insist on sticking with current background, Claret Lion would actually make sense IMO.

At the risk of a backlash, I really don’t like the blue on the current crest. It’s too light imo. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is essentially like walking into a strip club and saying " Christ, not bare tits again ffs ".

The doors are on the topic listing page... lol

Fair point.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is essentially like walking into a strip club and saying " Christ, not bare tits again ffs ".

The doors are on the topic listing page... lol

Fair. More just expressing exasperation that the annual whinge about the club badge and how it should be round and the fonts are wrong and it doesn’t say “Aston Villa” but “AVFC” has surfaced once again. 

We go again. 

Edit: Maybe I won’t mention that the very first post on this thread is from me 😂😂😂

Edited by Spoony

The thing with any new version of the crest is that it will no doubt be designed so it'll be easy to print and adjust in size. It'll be less details and more streamlined. Think more Juventus/Inter/West Ham/Barcelona.

Juventus badge: The biggest redesign in football history? | The Week UK Inter Milan removes FC from badge in push to become "icon of culture" The West Ham United crest - Through the years | West Ham United Spot the difference: Barcelona have a new logo – can you find the 5  changes? - Eurosport

1 hour ago, sne said:

The thing with any new version of the crest is that it will no doubt be designed so it'll be easy to print and adjust in size. It'll be less details and more streamlined. Think more Juventus/Inter/West Ham/Barcelona.

Juventus badge: The biggest redesign in football history? | The Week UK Inter Milan removes FC from badge in push to become "icon of culture" The West Ham United crest - Through the years | West Ham United Spot the difference: Barcelona have a new logo – can you find the 5  changes? - Eurosport

I think the Juventus rebrand actually gave me cancer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

These look like products of their time for me. I get the nostalgia over the old badge but I'd want it updated if we were to go back to the round badge. 

Something like this, which was on the first page of Google results for Aston Villa logo concept:

images.png.96228cffdcfb42de2c8c9e2cbcbd2815.png

Love love love.