New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Should have just said you were young and didn't have access to it then, rather than claiming internet access was rare in 2007 😂

But in my post I said internet access was rare then compared to today, which it was. Probably over 90% of the population have access to the internet in their pocket now. That was definitely not the case 13 years ago. It was probably more like 30% then. It just shows how different things were then and how outdated the process was that went into selecting the badge. We were asked to vote but I bet only about 20% of the fan base actually voted. If they did something similar now then imagine the number of people who would vote. Totally different world and more likely that we'd get something that everyone would like.

Edited by Okonokos

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

But in my post I said internet access was rare then compared to today, which it was. Probably over 90% of the population have access to the internet in their pocket now. That was definitely not the case 13 years ago. It was probably more like 30% then. It just shows how different things were then and how outdated the process was that went into selecting the badge. We were asked to vote but I bet only about 20% of the fan base actually voted. If they did something similar now then imagine the number of people who would vote. Totally different world and more likely that we'd get something that everyone would like.

Think you're getting 2007 confused with 1992.

I don't know a single person who wasn't connected in 2007, it wasn't an outdated process at all. The only issue I had with it was the options sucked, you are right there.

On 06/03/2020 at 23:33, Junxs said:

Think you're getting 2007 confused with 1992.

I don't know a single person who wasn't connected in 2007, it wasn't an outdated process at all. The only issue I had with it was the options sucked, you are right there.

Easy know your not from ireland we still not fully covered over here 🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I saw a few of the 2020/21 kit mock-ups and it reminded me how much I despise our current badge. Here are the issues I have with it:

• Gold lion on light blue background doesn't work (light on light)
  • Only us and Forest have European Cup stars embedded in our crests. It's small time and diminishes the rest of the club's glorious history. Also looks like a cat playing with a ball of yarn
  • AVFC should be Aston Villa as we have one of the most unique names in professional club football. The club poll that decided on AVFC was flawed. There were 3 Aston Villa options (Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC and Aston Villa F.C.) and 1 AVFC option, so the vote was split between the full name options 

Now that we are really promoting our womens team, it would also be a nice touch to have a version of our logo with a lioness. Rangers did this with their latest badge update. I'd also like to see a secondary logo with interlocking A and V. Would look cool on merch.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 00:50, nepal_villan said:

I saw a few of the 2020/21 kit mock-ups and it reminded me how much I despise our current badge. Here are the issues I have with it:

• Gold lion on light blue background doesn't work (light on light)
  • Only us and Forest have European Cup stars embedded in our crests. It's small time and diminishes the rest of the club's glorious history. Also looks like a cat playing with a ball of yarn
  • AVFC should be Aston Villa as we have one of the most unique names in professional club football. The club poll that decided on AVFC was flawed. There were 3 Aston Villa options (Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC and Aston Villa F.C.) and 1 AVFC option, so the vote was split between the full name options 

Now that we are really promoting our womens team, it would also be a nice touch to have a version of our logo with a lioness. Rangers did this with their latest badge update. I'd also like to see a secondary logo with interlocking A and V. Would look cool on merch.

Don’t have an issue with the star, but agree with the rest. Interlocking AV would be cool. I personally really want a third shirt with just the Lion and star, sans badge. Similar to what Liverpool do.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did a search but couldn't find anything. Has our badge been discussed by the new owners with supporters groups or anything? Personally i've always disliked the Lerner badge and would love to see it gone. Design wise it's just crap, the abbreviation, the floating star. It just doesn't work for me at all. What do you think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Did a search but couldn't find anything. Has our badge been discussed by the new owners with supporters groups or anything? Personally i've always disliked the Lerner badge and would love to see it gone. Design wise it's just crap, the abbreviation, the floating star. It just doesn't work for me at all. What do you think?

Think it's been discussed in Kit threads usually.

I've always disliked it as well. However, it has been improved significantly since the first monstrosity. Elite polishing of a turd, if you will. lol

Look at the current one, and then the original Lerner one, and you might puke.

The badge looks good in certain lighting, and on certain applications, but overall I just don't like it. Looks horrible on Social Media, Tv etc.

I like a round badge as well, but i'd be ok with an updated shield/

Or some sort of hybrid. Wouldn't mind having Aston Villa back on it as well.

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Was discussed in detail here:

Yawn … let it go we aren’t changing it anytime soon … This weird false nostalgia is SO boring . There is not much, if anything wrong with the new one. Quit trying to relive your childhoods. Rant over 

• Like 1