New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That has so many right wing connotations, I imagine Hugo Boss would want to design their kits 😉

Know your audience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1628773866940.jpg

Holy Christ. Can you imagine Neymar going up against him? That would be freaking hilarious. Crumble his pansy ass into a fine silt.

• Like 1

I share the rolled eyes that a number of people who see this thread appear every few months! Badge is fine, it's copyrighted, it's suitable for digital age, it looks fine monochrome occasionally. 

The whole circle thing annoys me as we've had a shield as a badge for about 90% of our history. Think we had 'prepared' on our badge longer than we ever had a circular badge.

Rather just leave it alone than spend quarter of a million pounds or whatever the ridiculous amounts these firms charge for giving us a nominally changed badge.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

He wouldn't get near Neymar tbf. 

He would in the tunnel before the game started. That little turd would shit himself. Shit shitting shit.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd remove the star as well.

Noticed Forest have them as well.

It's a bit small time. You don't see the big clubs having it.

image.thumb.png.58ab76442b9d91402918f79b7fc585d8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m most nostalgic for the early to mid 90s one with the stripes and little ‘prepared’ banner underneath but I always liked this one the most as it took the best parts of the badge before it, corrected the colours and streamlined it perfectly. 

image.png.3514bd71308dc79a99ddfd416627b4ae.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Oddly aggressive way to say "I like the current badge just fine".

Not everybody is going to share your opinion and it's valid for people to express their tastes.

Look at the poll results - you're actually in the minority.

Not everyone who dislikes it, wants a round badge either.

Some people just think it's shite... no nostalgia etc, just from an aesthetic and design perspective.

As a poster above said, some just think the round badge would look better than the current one.

I'm open to options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, this design is CLEAN.

They haven't just slapped the stars about the badge have they?

It’s a beaut, aint it?

Got gravitas.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m most nostalgic for the early to mid 90s one with the stripes and little ‘prepared’ banner underneath but I always liked this one the most as it took the best parts of the badge before it, corrected the colours and streamlined it perfectly. 

image.png.3514bd71308dc79a99ddfd416627b4ae.png

I have nostalgia for this too looked great in stitching. In fairness the only issue I have with it is the font.

43 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I share the rolled eyes that a number of people who see this thread appear every few months! Badge is fine, it's copyrighted, it's suitable for digital age, it looks fine monochrome occasionally. 

The whole circle thing annoys me as we've had a shield as a badge for about 90% of our history. Think we had 'prepared' on our badge longer than we ever had a circular badge.

Rather just leave it alone than spend quarter of a million pounds or whatever the ridiculous amounts these firms charge for giving us a nominally changed badge.

If you think it's " suitable for the digital age " you obviously haven't seen it on most media, tables etc.

This is like the DM argument all over again, where people are being dismissed and lumped into groups, regardless of the nuance.

I'm open to options, this isn't nostalgia related for me, it's design and representational related.

It usually looks like a washed out pale blue symbol, a shite pale yellow and claret blots.

I'n marketing photos for kits and in real life, it tends to look ok.

the method in which they've used the colours together is terrible IMO. No discernable contrast in the most important areas.

The Bayern badge posted earlier is a prime example of a badge " suitable for the digital age |"

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you think it's " suitable for the digital age " you obviously haven't seen it on most media, tables etc.

This is like the DM argument all over again, where people are being dismissed and lumped into groups, regardless of the nuance.

I'm open to options, this isn't nostalgia related for me, it's design and representational related.

It usually looks like a washed out pale blue symbol, a shite pale yellow and claret blots.

I'n marketing photos for kits and in real life, it tends to look ok.

The Bayern badge posted earlier is a prime example of a badge " suitable for the digital age |"

With the exception of the Werder Bremen crest, which looks like my 6 year old son designed it, the Germans are pretty good at this sort of thing. 

Dortmund’s is simple but stark and threatening. Much like my wife.

• Haha 2