$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

When you're hated by the Hull City's of this world, it really can ruin yer weekend!

:D

For every neutral that thinks we're a 'proper club' I've come across another that hates us anyway, but I'd rather them not hate us because we're that team that just won't go down, because everyone knows eventually they do. Edited by AlwaysAVFC

I agree with there fans I hate our fans who say 'our massive club'. We are a big club a top 10 in the country club we have a big amount of potential but it stops there take out stuff that happened over 50 years ago and our record is crap for a big club.

Accept your point, but 1981/82 is well less than "50 years ago"

True enough but even that is over 30 years ago!

Top 10 is where we are size wise we shouldn't pretend we are bigger than that. Of course if Ellison buys us and throws 500m at us we can argue we are in a few years legitimately

When are you going to get your head around FFP? Some posters on this thread do not seem to understand the ramifications of it.

FFP will collapse under a law suit and anyway even IF broke the rules and was successful the fine is equivalent to the increase in TV money we have just received for 1 year or a good CL campaign so essentially a tax not a punishment!!!

The funniest thing about that was them saying "they won the European Cup in 82, not that they ever mention it..." followed by them talking up Wembley because it's such a rarity they ever get there, we've been there a few times recently, big deal.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/paul-lambert-and-aston-villa.915679/page-1 This is a little bit surreal. Sunderlands biggest fan sight and they basically have an 8 page thread arguing about how shit Villa are, they really hate us

Very subjective comment. On the contrary, I would suggest that they realise how the mighty have fallen. Sunderland were like Villa a massive club and some of their fans empathise:

"Your living in the past fella just like many safc and av fans............. av were a big club and so were sunderland.................av have won the european cup....but so have derby!..............look at the history of both clubs and there are a lot of parallels............. sunderland like av were once the best in the land but no more !sad but get real at this present time av are no better than sunderland end off!"

Derby won the European cup, must have missed that one. He/she would need to look at them Parallels himself.

I suspect that we'll be seeing a bit of a feeding frenzy from American sports owners for the PL.

The PL will auction the next round of US TV rights in about 18 months.

Here are the ratings for Premier League games on NBCSN from March 31 and the ratings for Major League Baseball games on Fox Sports 1 for the same period (NBCSN and FS1 have roughly comparable levels of distribution: NBCSN is in something like 81 million homes and FS1 is in 90-ish million)... my source apparently took the week when he would have published the April 14-20 ratings off, so I have nothing for that week.

Premier League  Sun 27 April         900am:  940k
Premier League  Sun 13 April         825am:  740k
MLB (DET @ KC)  Sat  3 May           700pm:  652k
MLB (LAA @ NYY) Sat 26 April         100pm:  629k
MLB (unknown)   Tue  8 April         800pm:  618k
Premier League  Sat  3 May           955am:  587k
Premier League  Sun 27 April        1105am:  528k
Premier League  Sun 13 April        1056am:  494k
Premier League  Sat  5 April         955am:  469k
MLB (BOS @ NYY) Sat 12 April         105pm:  467k
Premier League  Sun  4 May          1056am:  452k
MLB (PIT @ STL) Sat 26 April         417pm:  446k
Premier League  Sun  6 April         819am:  428k
MLB (SF @ LAD)  Sat  5 April         400pm:  421k
MLB (MIN @ CLE) Sat  5 April         100pm:  380k
Premier League  Sat 12 April        1000am:  344k
Premier League  Mon 28 April         249pm:  338k
Premier League  Sun  4 May           824am:  305k
MLB (STL @ CHC) Sat  3 May           100pm:  295k
Premier League  Sat  3 May           739am:  288k
Premier League  Mon 21 April         247pm:  249k
Premier League  Sat 26 April         739am:  249k
Premier League  Sat  5 April         739am:  222k
Premier League  Mon  7 April         250pm:  138k
Premier League  Mon 31 March         250pm:  123k
NBCSN is paying $83m for the PL

Fox is paying $600m for MLB

The PL is getting much better ratings in the key (age 18-49) demographic, while Fox's deal does include postseason rights.

There's no reason not to expect that between NBC, ESPN, Fox, and CBS that the PL could get something like $300m a year from the US in the next round.

• Like 2

Hi guys, not sure how true this is but some of my friends from when I worked in America have told me that the press are starting to report over there that Ellison has bought Villa and it's essentially a done deal to be announced 'soon'

Not sure if there is any truth in it as I can't find any solid stories on it anywhere, but two separate people have contacted me saying this has been reported over there today! Fingers crossed hey, although knowing my luck they're trolling me...

If one journalist gets something published a hudnred others will write articles on the same story without doing any further research, it doesn't lend it any further credibility, IMO, it's the same story from a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting post Levi. The Red Sox-Yankees game on the 12th get less in rating than the PL 5th april when they probably showed Chelsea-Stoke or Newcastle-Man Utd. Show us the money! 

Monday or Tues - If the status quo is remaining - I would do it first thing Monday - when the back pages will covered with the title race.

I imagine we'll hear something pretty soon if they are doing any more concerts and if they'll be rockin' all over the world.

The longer the announcement takes the better news I would imagine it would be in terms of getting taken over.

Releasing a statement simply saying more to follow or something on Monday would be a good sign too, albeit a little annoying.

i aggree with gentleman,don't think we'll hear anything till after the end of season do on tues.would make sense to wait till after that otherwise could be potentially uncomfortable for the players/club officials their.

Edited by krisagg75

Ellison would be too good to be true, surely?

Or too random to be true. He's probably no more likely or less likely than Bill Gates or Carlos Slim or any other Multi Billionaire.

Also note that the relative viewing of MLB games isn't seen as a necessity throughout the season. It would be interesting to see the comparable numbers when the MLB are in the playoffs mode when more viewers turn in.