$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I quite like the thought of us being hated, because the hated clubs tend to be the more successful clubs. But in recent years we are becoming more and more a none entity...or just pointed at and laughed at.

I want to be hated again.

• Like 1

I quite like the thought of us being hated, because the hated clubs tend to be the more successful clubs. But in recent years we are becoming more and more a none entity...or just pointed at and laughed at.

I want to be hated again.

We're hated and laughed at the same time , Although we're quite liked by the top teams .. I don't remember many wanting us to go down , Although we're one of the most teams who are playing a boring football and long balls .. 

Many would like Stoke or West Ham to go down , Although we're worse than Stoke this year even in the way of playing ..

What I would like from us is to get improved + have a good character and don't sell our best players easily , That might get us hated (But respected as well) ..

I remember last year when Benteke handed a transfer request , a Man Utd fan called me and told me hard luck .. I wasn't sure that Benteke would stay or not , but from the club statement I understood that Benteke wasn't that keen to go but he put it for a win/win situation , either to move or raise his salary. 

Then the new contract gave a good message , After Downing and Young leaving on the same window .. 

Although Ash was going to go anyway because it was his last year , But the Downing situation was the one which rocked our confidence ..

Regarding Sunderland fans on that Ready To Go forum a lot of them have long despised us before that guy started that thread. I'm sure a lot of it must have something to do with Bent, although they seem to hate Lambert as well.

Anyway let's see what today brings with our takeover story.

av have won the european cup....but so have derby!...

:huh:

I think that guy is living proof of what scientists are claiming, when they say that modern man is linked genetically to Neanderthals.

I can't imagine we'll hear anything til the middle of next week to be totally honest. Hopefully we do, but I'm not pinning any major expectations on it

Exactly. Not sure why everyone is pinning their hopes on a statement tomorrow.

'After the season' could be another week or two away...

• Like 1

I consider today to be Takeover news eve. But as has been said many times I'm not expecting the statement to reveal much.

Monday or Tues - If the status quo is remaining - I would do it first thing Monday - when the back pages will covered with the title race.

Not expecting anything of significance at club ownership level now.

Edited by smetrov

take over thoughts..if it happens the big question is what will the new owner do?

1 spend spend spend ala city.. this could be a hazard unless the "project was LONG term (20 years +)

2 stable spending to suit the size of the club so AVFC can compete with everton/spurs & a genuine shot at the cup runs

3 boom & bust ala RL ..this has done AVFC no good,we as fans feel alot of unrest & venom against RL

4 the unknown grey area,a bit like dougs reign..spend a bit ,save a bit,spend a bit,tick over midtable

I consider today to be Takeover news eve. But as has been said many times I'm not expecting the statement to reveal much.

Monday or Tues - If the status quo is remaining - I would do it first thing Monday - when the back pages will covered with the title race.

The end of season awards night is on Tuesday, I doubt Lerner will make a statement before that date unless it is insignificant .

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

The end of season awards night is on Tuesday, I doubt Lerner will make a statement before that date unless it is insignificant .

Yep - in a way no news is good news......

If he's staying, Lamberts staying, - it might be best to out it on a busy news Monday...

av have won the european cup....but so have derby!...

:huh:

I think that guy is living proof of what scientists are claiming, when they say that modern man is linked genetically to Neanderthals.

Forget genetically linked you can see actual living Neanderthals at the Sty.