$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Communication at villa is like rocking horse manure, so it wouldn't,t surprise me if Lerner doesn't know.....it's probably his sisters decision. Lol

It wouldn't surprise if lerner is totally oblivious to all the speculation 

I seriously doubt it. Despite the bad decisions he's made he's not a fool.

I don't know how people can come to such definitive conclusions like "There is no takeover" at this current stage.

Experience

Experience in what?

Just to add, I never understood how some have been so quick to jump to the conclusion that a takeover is definitely happening either.

Edited by Mantis

What was the speculation like before it happened last time? From what I can remember the announcement really came out the blue.

We had thetrees tracking Randy's private jet... Best ITK of all time :lol:

He's the only person I trust with this kind of thing, and he's not really ITK

@AstonVillaTalk @AVFCTransTweet @MatKendrick @IanTaylor7 No not her.. Said no way was Lerner selling

[From someone close to PF]

I'm confused about this Smetrov mate, who in this post knows PF :S

Yeah im never quite sure who is saying what on twitter ! 

To cut a long story short someone 'She' said 'No Way Lerner is selling'  - all I could gleen was that it is one of Faulkners subordinates 

His profile says he is a villa fan ....but then he says..

"Ellison can make THEM huge"

Waster !

Not that I believe this guy for one second, but from my experience many Americans don't say "we" when referring to a team they support.

Yeah they don't.

Yes we do.

Experience in what?

Just to add, I never understood how some have been so quick to jump to the conclusion that a takeover is definitely happening either.

Well for a start, I don't remember there ever being a takeover where you haven't even got an inkling of who the prospective owner is going to be. 

Also, every takeover rumour that I've read has involved Twatter or attention seekers on another website (bullshit)

All we have to go on is what Randy said a couple of months ago, which you can take which ever way you want.

Edited by villarule123

Experience in what?

Well for a start, I don't remember there ever being a takeover where you haven't even got an inkling of who the prospective owner is going to be. 

Also, every takeover rumour that I've read has involved Twatter or attention seekers on another website (bullshit)

All we have to go on is what Randy said a couple of months ago, which you can take which ever way you want.

And what GT said today, and the strange way that Lambert is behaving.

I've been reading up on a few of the names mentioned on t'net. This Anschutz fella seems a bit old, in his mid-70s and hasn't (as far as I can see) shown any interest as a solo-party owner of a club, although AEG (which he owns?) has apparently been interested in Tottenham.

Ellison hasn't got anything about him ever showing any interest in soccer, seems a weird one. Where did these rumours come from. Wishful thinking?

Who else has been linked?

I've been reading up on a few of the names mentioned on t'net. This Anschutz fella seems a bit old, in his mid-70s and hasn't (as far as I can see) shown any interest as a solo-party owner of a club, although AEG (which he owns?) has apparently been interested in Tottenham.

Ellison hasn't got anything about him ever showing any interest in soccer, seems a weird one. Where did these rumours come from. Wishful thinking?

I heard FAMA holding group today which would be a dream come true. Plus we had the 2 texans. Rich Texan and Texas Pete. Edited by Amo69

Experience in what?

Didn't sound convincing to me.

And Lambert is just strange full stop. Sounds like a man who fears for his job.

I heard FAMA holding group today which would be a dream come true. Plus we had the 2 texans. Rich Texan and Texas Pete.

Are FAMA group rich?

I suppose you could have said the same if you looked up Randy before he bought us. But I've got a feeling if we do end up with new owners then they'll probably be someone who hasn't been mentioned and might not even be American.

Experience in what?

Didn't sound convincing to me.

And Lambert is just strange full stop. Sounds like a man who fears for his job.

True but I'd say although there isn't much to go on there is still more pointing towards their being a takeover than Lerner staying. The worst case scenario for me is he announces the club is for sale but there are still no takers.

I suppose you could have said the same if you looked up Randy before he bought us. But I've got a feeling if we do end up with new owners then they'll probably be someone who hasn't been mentioned and might not even be American.

I agree.

• Like 1

With a very few selected in the Lerner's inner circle knowing and buyer keeping it very close to the chest too it could be kept secret until the last minute, plus press embargo with the promise of exclusive interviews and what not. IMO best thing to do is just to sit tight and wait.

His profile says he is a villa fan ....but then he says..

"Ellison can make THEM huge"

Waster !

Not that I believe this guy for one second, but from my experience many Americans don't say "we" when referring to a team they support.

Damned Americans!

I heard FAMA holding group today which would be a dream come true. Plus we had the 2 texans. Rich Texan and Texas Pete.

Are FAMA group rich?

Yeah, Arab prince owns them. No idea how much

• Like 1