$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

• Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert on his future, with an announcement from owner Randy Lerner due next week: "What is going to happen next week will happen. It's a great club and it shouldn't be where it is. I'm the manager of the club and hope to still be here.

"It's plain to see what we need. If you don't get investment, then it is always hard. It's a massive club and the lads are hurting with the criticism but, as I said to the lads, they should be proud for staying up because it's a hell of an achievement."

That all but confirm's something is happening next week and it's related to investment and Randy not investing comparatively to the size of the club. A positive sign!  

It's definitely a 'back me or sack me' plea if Lerner is going to stick around. I think Lambert would rather be sacked then have to try again next season with minimal investment. I think he knows we'll be down too if that happens.

He also said, regards the announcement, something along the lines of "everyone knows what it's going to be" which suggests to me we've been sold.

Gotta say I didn't hear anything like that - not saying youre wrong - but that wasn't what I heard.

• Like 1

He also said, regards the announcement, something along the lines of "everyone knows what it's going to be" which suggests to me we've been sold.

So everyone but Stan Collymore.

Gotta say I didn't hear anything like that - not saying youre wrong - but that wasn't what I heard.

I was listening to his interview on WM. Mind I was listening on a radio app so it might have sounded like that rather than be that.

Same here, i listened to the interview on WM and also didn't hear anything like that.

I was listening to his interview on WM. Mind I was listening on a radio app so it might have sounded like that rather than be that.

I was listening on digital DAB - !!! He's not always that easy to understand !

Im 95% sure Lambert is gone - less convinced about the takeover...

Captain on the premier league champions......6mill

Just makes you wonder doesn't it?

Look at how much most of their other players cost.

There is always more than one angle to a point......just making this one.

And what is your point? There are always gems out there (see Benteke for £7m) but to win the league or even be up there challenging you have to spend an absolute ton of money these days. Don't even know why you brought it up - we're very far away from that point.
And my point is that players of that calibre can be found for 6 mill.......yes Benteke was one that's 2 so let's find 11

Let's just drop the excuses and employ some hard work on the scouting front.

It is not that I disagree with you. The thing is that everybody is trying to do the same. It is not so easy. And if the players come good then the big clubs come sniffing anyway. To get to the top level, we need to pay top wages or suffer a fate like Dortmundt, they had a fantastic team and look what is happening, all the best players get pick up by teams with higher wage levels. Edited by David-Copenhagen

Maybe the plan is to turn us into a B team and move us to League 1. Would make sense and that is why we have been buying all their players. We should win the league and that Johnston Paint tournament thing they have down there.

Maybe the plan is to turn us into a B team and move us to League 1. Would make sense and that is why we have been buying all their players. We should win the league and that Johnston Paint tournament thing they have down there.

I admit the thought crossed my mind!

Well I told you so what you on about

Ellison bought Villa? No proof or backup?

I know for a fact you're wrong cause Ronald McDonald is buying Villa. I just can't tell you how I know.

No itk's say (nor should they) who their info comes from. All shafter is doing is passing on his info. No harm in that.

I'd imagine the audio clip will be available later for hearing anyway

So desperate for information, I'm listening to "Midlands Masala" on WM.

Seems to be some important stories in the bhangra scene - expect some news from Jazzy B and Malkit Singh soon. I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

There still seems to be a lot of doubt as to when this announcement is likely to happen. My take on things is this.

1. If there is no news concerning anyone external to the club (I.e. No imminent takeover, no extra income from an outside investor) then I'd expect a statement by Tuesday at the latest, as delaying would only destabilise the club, fans and players.

2. If the announcement is to involve anyone from outside the club, in the form of a takeover or outside investment then we can probably expct a delay unless it really is a done deal.

I don't see the point in announcing the club is for sale, as it's common knowledge anyway now, and pretty obvious.

Sacking Lambert could also of course be done as part of 1, and Lerner has a past history of doing that with McLeish.

Edited by dukes